She spotted me at my 8 week appoint....

lucylu79

Reaction score
Agghhhh! The only (other) pregnant girl in my village saw me whilst I was leaving my first MW appoint and now i'm worried she will tell people she saw me there!

Hopefully i'm overreacting but I can hear the conversations in my head that she might have already had.... "I didn't know Lucy was pregnant/Another baby in the village etc etc....:wacko:

No-one knows around here, particularly our parents who only live in the next village. I would hate for them to hear it on the grapevine!

Luckily I made friends with her on FB last year for playgroup and so immediately messaged her saying mum's the word please but she's not replied, it doesn't even look like she's read it. agghhhhh!!!!!

hopefully she will mind her business as they say! and you will tell parents probably in a few weeks right??

I hope she's sensible enough to keep quiet hun in fact she's possibly just as worried that you'll tell people that she was there xx

Unfortunately she's very pregnant, probably 6 months so she won't be bothered about me seeing her.

I do really hope she uses her brain and thinks it could of been my 'first' appoint.

We won't be telling anyone until after the first scan, even though its second baby, i'd hate to tell the parents and something tragic happen.

Ah ok xx I do hope she just keeps her mouth shut then x

Trying to turn it around and be in her position.

I would probably tell hubby as its a big talking point, we live in a small village and the school sometimes drops in numbers and where the next batch of children are coming from is often talked about.

It was just when I saw her at school (I can see the school from my house) and all I was thinking was her talking to the other mums and her just mentioning it.

I'm probably overreacting! She's heavily pregnant and maybe doesn't even care that she saw me!!

Hopefully she'll think that if it was her she'd not want someone else spreading her news. I know if I had seen someone at an appt then I'd not mention it to anyone xx

Yeah that's what i'm hoping for!!!

Thanks everyone x

I know it's slightly different but we live in a small village as well and when I was at the hospital a while ago, saw someone I knew go for her first ultrasound and definitely wouldn't have said anything to anyone because of privacy so hopefully it will be the same for you. x

Yeah if it was m I'd definitely keep my gob shut!

I saw two colleagues at the ante natal clinic on two different occasions when I was heavily pregnant going for their first scans and I didn't even acknowledge it to them. (One spotted me and one didn't). I would never in a million years have said to anyone, and I'm sure this girl wouldn't either. Most people would have the sense to realise that it's something you don't gossip about so I'm sure she will keep it quiet. It would be awful for her not to. Try not to worry about it, she prob kept it a secret herself at the start and knows how you would feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->