Sheffield, South Yorkshire

ArcaneSpark

Reaction score
Hi,

Got my BFP only 2 weeks ago, am due 10th Dec. Any-one else on here from the Sheffield area?

Rachel

Im more Derbyshire - bit further on than Chesterfield.

Congrats on your BFP!

Hi Kimboowee,

Was beginning to think I was by myself on here! lol

x

Hi, I live very close to Sheffield. Congrats on your BFP :)

Hi emz_x, how are you doing so far, things getting easier in the 2nd trimester?

Hi ArcaneSpark

I'm also from Sheffield - where abouts are you?

I'm expecting my first, due on 13th October. How are you getting on?

Hi ArcaneSpark

Hello Mungaroo26,

I live in the SW part of the city, but work in the centre, how about you? I see your about 2 months ahead of me, hows the 2nd trimester going, have you had your 20w scan yet?

x

Hi! I live in Chesterfield but spend loads of time in Sheffield as all my daughters care is based at the childrens hospital :)

Hi ArcaneSpark

Hello Mungaroo26,

I live in the SW part of the city, but work in the centre, how about you? I see your about 2 months ahead of me, hows the 2nd trimester going, have you had your 20w scan yet?

x

-------------------

I'm also in SW Sheffield (I think!) but work over towards Rotherham.
2nd trimester is going well - I've started to feel the baby move around and am going for my 20w scan tomorrow which I'm excited for (and a bit nervous too!).
Are you at Jessops then?
x

Mungaroo,

I'm not sure my geography is that good, I'm near Meadowhead between Greenhill & Bradway, lol

I cant wait to feel my baby move, that must be so exciting. I have my 12w scan a week today at Jessops. What are they like there? Is this your first?

x

I'm Beauchief so just around the corner from you! I'm at Jessops yes - they were fine for my 12w scan... they found the baby very quickly and showed me the heart beating on the screen! Everyone seemed friendly and I can't complain. I've only ever heard positive stories about Jessops :)

However, the baby was lying in a funny position for taking the measurements they needed so they sent me off for a drink and I had to go back half hour later. The baby was then behaving and laying in a much better position!
Got a couple of really clear scan pictures too. It's great when you go for your 12w scan - makes everything seem so much more real to realise there really is a baby in there!

It's my first yes so we are really excited! This week is halfway for me - can't quite believe it!
x

Wow exciting times, and your so close, I think Beauchief is just the other side of the Spar roundabout!

Am looking forward to the actual scan next week but really nervous about the blood tests etc afterwards!

Congrats on getting to 20w, seems like such a long time away for me!

x

Don't be nervous about it! The blood tests only take a few minutes so they are over with before you know it. :)
Don't forget to go to your scan with a full bladder either - it helps with the scan!

I found the wait for the 12w scan took forever, but my 20w scan has come around really quickly.
Not long for you to wait now.

x

Did they arrange a date for the 20w scan while you were there or did it come through the post? We are looking to take a holiday around the end of July and dont want it to clash with the scan dates.

x

P.S. Maybe a silly question but they say to bring a urine sample, did you arrive early to do that then drink lots of water for the scan after?

Im from rotherham but come to sheffield quite abit well mainly meadowhall or the childrens hospital

When you arrive, you'll check in at one reception, hand over your notes and then you'll go for your scan first. After the scan you will be sent to another waiting room - when you arrive at that waiting room they will give you a sample bottle which you can then go and fill! Then you take that in to your appointment with the midwife. That's what I did and it's what everyone else seemed to be doing there... you could see people arrive at the reception desk and then disappear with a little sample bottle in to the loo :) everyone has a full bladder cos it's straight after their scan!
I think at the end of that appointment they asked me if I wanted to arrange my next scan whilst I was there. As I did, I went back to the scanning area and they gave me the appointment there and then. I'm sure they would work around any holiday you may have planned. If you know when you're 20w then you can pretty much work out when it will be... but at your 12w scan they will no doubt change your date according to the measurements they take of the baby. My date got brought forward by 5 days. :)

Sorry for the ramble.... hope that makes sense! These are just the sort of questions I had before my first scan but didn't think to ask on here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->