Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Rub it in, why don't you :haha: That's very exciting news! I have a growth scan in less than two weeks because of a low pre-pregnancy BMI. Looking back on it, it seems like the weeks have gone by so quickly (apart from first tri). However, it also feels like I've been pregnant forever at this moment in time. I think it's going to take me a while to learn how to walk normally after baby is born rather than waddling.

Well 2 weeks today I may be a mummy! Went for my scan yesterday and baby is breech. I'm back at Jessops next week to see if they can turn it and if not then it's a c section on 17th June - eeeek!!

Wow, that's very exciting stuff :) Good luck!

im form the dark side.......... leeds! :lol:

Hi guys,

Been away for a few days because only hours after starting to tell people I had "bloody fluid loss", so spent Wed afternoon in the walk-in clinic followed by an emergency scan today.

The scan showed heart still beating and no reason for the problems but been an agonising few days!

x

Oh no.. that must have been a real scare :( I know loads of people who have had unexplained bleeding during pregnancy and everything turned out fine. It's good to know his heart is still beating.

Hi guys,

Been away for a few days because only hours after starting to tell people I had "bloody fluid loss", so spent Wed afternoon in the walk-in clinic followed by an emergency scan today.

The scan showed heart still beating and no reason for the problems but been an agonising few days!

x

Oh - fingers crossed for you. Have they arranged any follow up to keep an eye on baby?

No mention of any more appointments only to get back in touch if I have any issues. I have my 20w scan on the 21st July.

Hello :D
I'm all good thanks and yourself?

Thank you, I was 20 + 6, unfortunately they weren't as clear as my 13 week :(

Hi guys,

x

Crikey, sounds like a stressful few days, but glad all is well now.
I had something similar at 10w5d and had to have an emergency scan. I'm happy to say that I've had no more problems since then (touch wood!) and am now rapdily expanding and starting to look like a pregnant person!

Hey,

How's every-one doing?

As I'm now moving into the 2nd trimester I have been starting to think more about where I'm going & what its going to be like. Do any of you attend any pre-natal yoga/aqua natal etc and meet people in similar situations?

All my current friends are still out drinking cocktails, mostly enjoying Double-Income-No-Kids stage of life, and although they are trying to be supportive I'm worried none of them really get what I'm going through. At the same time I dont want to spend my life online so am looking for positive things I can do to meet similar people before the baby is born.

Did you/do you, do any of these kind of things or were all your friends around the same life stage?

x

I'm all good :D A few threads on here mentioning Christmas kind of put me in a panic. Knowing I have birthdays and anniversaries from now until December too :( Depressing.

I was thinking of doing prenatal classes with my OH, he's all up for it but because I'm only 18, I know I'd have paranoia kicking in. I go swimming every week with my OH and his sisters, don't think I'd be able to hack aquatics - spending too much time in the water makes my belly hurt from pressure of people moving around.

People do recommend prenatal classes as it makes you more prepared for what is expected in birth, take a friend or family member with you :)

x

My friends werent having babies but they were all really supportive, i spent alot of my pregnancy in hospital because of problems so i didnt really get to do anything but i would have loved to go to aquanatal classes

Aquanatal sounds good - haven't found anywhere that does it yet, but then again I've not looked very hard either!

There's a class on ecce road in Sheffield that's meant to be good - I think it's gentle exercise and a good way of meeting other mums to be in the area. I'll try and find details if anyone is interested in going. :)

I'd love to do something like aquanatal because I've heard it's meant to be really good. Now I just have to find somewhere that does them. I'm not sure about anything else though really. If you're planning on taking Antenatal classes then I'm sure you'll get to meet mummies to be there. I know the NCT do some good ones as well so that might be worth looking into. I'd really love some parenting classes but I don't know anywhere that does them. Any recommendations would be much appreciated though.

Growth scan tomorrow by the way :)

Good luck for your scan today emz, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

Helloooo :hi: I'm in Sheffield. Hope you're pregnancy is going ok and you're feeling a bit better now :flower:

Helloooo :hi: I'm in Sheffield. Hope you're pregnancy is going ok and you're feeling a bit better now :flower:

Hello,

I'm ok (most of the time), but still quite early days and mostly wanting to sleep lol! How are you doing?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"