Shettles method

Pne1985

Reaction score
We weren’t even trying to get pregnant but if I went by the Shettles Method, it was accurate for us. We had sex on day 4 thinking we were in the clear and I know I ovulated on cd8 or 9. And we are having a girl! Does anyone know if this is accurate with your timing If you were keeping track?

I'm so intrigued by this. I only read about it a couple of days ago so very interested to see what people say. I've not found out the sex, but I'm pretty positive it's a boy. If it is, that would be right, as we had sex the first day of my positive opk and for the next few days.

What is this method I've never heard of this one before? Is it certain days of ovulation means either boy or girl? I wish I could tell, February was the only month I didn't use any opks, it was the month I got pregnant hahaha

Yeah. It's to do with the female sperm living longer so if you have sex about 3 days before ovulation, the male sperm should die off by the time you ovulate leaving the female ones, so increased chances of female. Where as if you have sex on the day of ovulation, the male sperm swim faster and so more likely to have a boy. It's also to do with the pH during your ovulation days, but that's the gist of it lol.

Must have had sex on ovulation then! Hahaha trust the one month I didn't use opks to get pregnant :dohh:

I know!! I was hoping someone with one of each would comment and say if they did anything differently. I'm so intrigued!

There must be someone here that's done it hahaha!

Well I know by using opk’s with my first 2 that I had sex night before or day of ovulation and I had 2 boys.

This 3rd pregnancy I had sex on a Thursday (as we were NTNP & was supposed to NOT ovulate until Monday) but I’m pretty sure I O’d the Saturday (ovulation pain). I’m not sure if it’s boy or girl as I’m only 9 weeks but I have a nagging feeling it’s a girl. We shall see.

It seems to have worked for me, for my daughter we dtd a few days before ovulation and with this baby we dtd on the day I ovulated (no ovulation tests to know for sure, just going by cm/symptoms and cycle dates) and I just found out I'm having a boy. A friend of mine had her son using this method too.

Thank you ladies!! If this one is a boy (which going by this it should be) I'm definitely going to try this method for baby number 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->