Shingles, and LO

divadexie

Reaction score
Someone that spends quite a bit of time with LO went to the doctors today with a burn like mark on her leg (appeared over night) and was sent to the hospital.

They said it *could* be shingles or another thing to do with the nerves that have the same symptoms.

She have already spent a bit of time with LO this week so is there any point in stopping her see LO at the weekend? Surely Lo would of started to display signs by now if she was going to get chicken pox from these possible shingles?

And... am I being selfish... in that I told my friend if LO was going to have the pox, I'd rather her have them while she will only be cranky and off her food, than when she was older and then itch them? My son had them when he was 3 and he was Awful!

Hi, my Lo had chicken pox when she was 8 months - her big brother (3yrs) kindly passed them on. She was a bit miserable for a while and covered but was fine in the end. My son was really fed up and scratching like mad so know what you mean! I had shingles during both pregnancies (supposedly really rare) and kids weren't affected, she might not catch anything! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->