Shocked and sickened by this "parenting" book

I'm sure they're not psychopaths, they probably believe they are doing something in the best interest of their child. That would indicate caring. Even though its messed up. But I'm no psych major lol

How sad for the children of people who follow the advice in this disgusting book :(. My daughter is 10 months and is just getting into trying to slap people in temper...I would never hit her. We simply say a firm but gentle no and then redirect her to more gentle behavior. I can't imagine someone using a switch on an infant or child...very disturbing.

I'm sure they're not psychopaths, they probably believe they are doing something in the best interest of their child. That would indicate caring. Even though its messed up. But I'm no psych major lol

Agreed, I highly doubt they're psychopaths.

And I am a psych major. ;)

You have a point.

So, so sad!

They even said she hit the child she was babysitting in order to get the to play with a specific toy. It's one thing to make such a horrible choice with your own kids, but to try and implement something so crazy on someone else's child is outrageous! I would be infuriated, to say the least, if I found out a babysitter was doing that to my child!

Oh my God.... :shock:

I just read some of those quotes and.... there are just no words... Poor, poor children.... What kind of parents are these people?!!? And in what universe do they think it's "christian" to treat defenseless children and babies with such cruelty...!!!!! Mind-boggling in the most sickening way..... :shock:

Zondon

We have a Birth Center 60 miles from my house, run by a midwife. I was strongly considering it as an option when I was pregnant, as I really wanted a water birth and they are the only ones to offer it. Needless to say, I was SHOCKED and extremely disappointed to see on their website that the midwife condones the Pearls style of parenting, going so far as to provide links to their websites under her "helpful references". Didn't even bother to make an appointment.:nope:

I think my view is harsh, but maybe these people need to be smacked around a little (a lot) to realize any abuse is wrong. Just wrong. It's a baby. And I feel sad if this couple has babies.
I can't read much of their garbage, that's so sick.

There is something seriously wrong with those people. Let's hit yell and pull our children's hair to teach them that its not acceptable to hurt others (plus other things!). That's freaking genius isn't it? :wacko:

I went to their website and they have a lot of fucked up ideas about lots of stuff, parenting, school, marriage, the evils of masturbation, this is the kind of people that give homeschoolers bad names :roll: religious wack jobs!

Eurgh this is so gross I can't believe it's still there, amazon are awful for letting anything be sold on their site without caring... there was similar a few years ago with a book called the pedophiles guide - I think it eventually got removed though. Sick sick sick sick sick.

ETA just googled that book was called 'The Pedophiles Guide to love and pleasure'. Eurgh. And they had another one called understanding boylovers with this quote by the author - 'The long assumed "harm" of such activities [men having relationships with young boys] has failed to be supported by research, and the sociocultural "wrongness" based on this "harm" is therefore left without any rational basis."

Wtf is wrong with people

Amazon don't monitor the items listed for sale on the site. They recently had to remove a tshirt with the slogan "Keep Calm and Rape On"
Gross.

How to train your baby? More like how to traumatise your baby! I should be a qualified social worker in 3 years time I can honestly say I'd be very concerned if I found a parent following these books!

It makes me so sad that some babies are being brought up this way.

:: reads quotes from book then promptly goes and gives LO a cuddle and a kiss ::

On p.55 the Pearls say a mother should hit her child if he cries for her.

If a father is attempting to make a child eat his oats, and the child cries for his mother, then the mother should respond by spanking him for whining for her and for not eating his oats. He will then be glad to be dealing only with the father.

SERIOUSLY? Away back to the hole you crawled out of you disgusting human being!

That's awful. I can't imagine 'punishing' my 4 month old baby :nope: I can't believe that the book got published!

Makes me sad that some babies are treated like this instead of being loved and cuddled.

I wont read it because I will get angry, but WHO is buying this book and following the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->