Shocked and sickened by this "parenting" book

I know to much about them sadly. They make me want to tear off my skin. Funny we where talking about this on facebook this week to.

Absolutely disgusting. What is wrong with people??? I agree with the poster that said these people need treated the same way, maybe then they'd see it as abuse. And to do those things to a BABY???

It also disgusts me that these people tote themselves as "religious". That gives REAL Christians suc ha bad name, as obviously people see stuff like this and attribute it to all religious people.

I wouldn't even train a dog using some of their suggestions! Sick book :(

Wow! Disgusting!
This is not parenting, its abuse!! These people should be arrested! Poor children :cry:

They tout themselves as religious?? Yeah, sure, if their religion worships the devil!

I wont read it because I will get angry, but WHO is buying this book and following the advice!!

I'm curious about this too. I don't know anyone (thankfully) that would even consider parenting in such a way. And I know a pretty wide range of people, since I live in a fairly diverse and integrated place.

I wanna give the Pearl parents a few "switches" myself...damn am I the only one who just wants to find these twats and kick their asses?!?! Pieces of shyte!

I wanna give the Pearl parents a few "switches" myself...damn am I the only one who just wants to find these twats and kick their asses?!?! Pieces of shyte!

Hell I'd join that man hunt. I wonder how they would take getting abused as they suggest we do to babies. Bad people!!! Smack!!

I wont read it because I will get angry, but WHO is buying this book and following the advice!!

I'm curious about this too. I don't know anyone (thankfully) that would even consider parenting in such a way. And I know a pretty wide range of people, since I live in a fairly diverse and integrated place.

have met fans of theirs and they have a facebook page to. Banned right off from there. Kids have died from parents using the book so they have followers. They have appeared on tv to. Most of their fans always claim the book is out of context or claim to ignore them parts and tout some bible stuff. Selective reading sorts. They used to claim it wasnt hitting then Micheal himself laughed on his facebook page how he beat his own dog with plumbing line to train it.

have met fans of theirs and they have a facebook page to. Banned right off from there. Kids have died from parents using the book so they have followers. They have appeared on tv to. Most of their fans always claim the book is out of context or claim to ignore them parts and tout some bible stuff. Selective reading sorts. They used to claim it wasnt hitting then Micheal himself laughed on his facebook page how he beat his own dog with plumbing line to train it.

WOW! How terrible. I'm sorry you have met these people. They sound pretty darn awful to me.

As with a lot of abusers, it's highly likely they were treated like that as children too - not that that's any kind if excuse.

The book has been linked to the deaths of 3 children (a copy of it found in the homes).

It's sold over 670,000 copies, so people are buying it but hopefully most are realising what evil rubbish it is. Although very sad to see 5* reviews on amazon :(

There are a lot of sick people out there. Paedophiles, child abusers etc and the law doesn't condone that. This is abuse. How are they getting away with it and even making money out of it?! Sick.

I think that they're making money because it works (at least it does on older children). It works by breaking the child's spirit and using Stockholm syndrome to their advantage, but if you want smiling little robots, it works. I would guess that the people who used it don't understand why it works and only care that they do eventually have very obedient children who run around looking happy. They look happy, of course, because to do anything else would mean being beaten. The sick thing is that the Pearls acknowledge that, but say that looking happy is the same as being happy.

They may not be psychopaths, but they are either delusional or horrible liars. They want you to train a 10-12 month old baby to come when you call. Apparently to do this, you need to get them interested in a toy, and then call them. If they don't come, you beat them and lecture them about it. I think my kid has a decent vocabulary for an 11 month old (five words!), but I could recite the words to a Clash song and they would have just as much impact on her as an obedience lecture at this point. I'm not even going to talk about their solution to the magical four month old stair climber baby because it sounds completely made up.

A family who attended my church years ago used the Pearl's book. It was a family of seven, and in the years I knew them I don't think I heard any of the kids say more then a few words at a time. They rarely joined in playtime with the other kids. Once when they did, the Dad flipped out because one of the kids sat on a swing that had been looped over the bar to make it sit higher. He was angry because his son was destroying property, and led him away. I wasn't familiar with the Pearl method then, but now I cringe to think what happened to him all because he sat on a swing.

The somewhat funny thing is that the Pearls claimed that their children were so disciplined that they were going to be future leaders and business owners. Turns out that none of them attained a degree, and at least two of them are unemployed. The Pearls are confusing actual self-discipline with a child that is only scared of it's parents. It's completely ridiculous.

I want to round up all these kids and give them a hug.

I have heard of this.
Its just, it enrages me to much to construct a decent arguement.
I just want to swear.

xx

Im in shock! do these people have no emotions? Were raising babies not training soldiors! I accidently scratched my lo changing her yesterday and i cried!! The thought of purposly hurting her or upsetting her makes me wanna throw up! x x

Why isn't social services involved in this? This is child abuse pure and simple.
Somebody needs to tie them to a tree and with a switch , switch the shit out of their asses. Absolutely horrible :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->