Short Cervix

SamanthaKat

Reaction score
I’m a first time mom I’ve had a miscarriage before and I am now 24 weeks a 6 days today. I was diagnosed with a short cervix and my ob said it is incompetent. He said my cervix is still closed but measures at 2.4 instead of 3-5 which is normal. He said I am at risk for pre-term labor. I want more than anything to have a successful pregnancy. He said I should start progesterone shots right away?

has this helped moms go full term with a short cervix? What are the chances I will have a healthy baby? Was I diagnosed too late?

I am just so overwhelmed and sad to be honest I just want my baby boy to be healthy.

Thanks for any insight,

Samantha

At 30weeks they measured my cervix for DS2. I was 1.5 instead of the normal 3.5 at that stage. They didnt give me any shots or do anything. They recommended bedrest but with the pandemic and having my 18months old home, I couldn't do any bedrest.

I ended up delivering at 37+1. My cervix was measured with my first one, and it was fine and I had him at 37+2. So I don't even think the short cervix is why I only made it to 37 since I didn't have that issue with my first and still only made it to 37.

I hope you and your doc can come up with a plan that works for you and that other moms have positive stories for you! My little one stayed in to term!

Sending you good vibes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->