Short femur length

lotofbabydust

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am 28 weeks 1 day today. Just had a growth scan as gyn suspected i might have gestational diabetes as there was glucose in my urine. The result came back as normal, which is good.
I have my measurements today as below
BPD 75mm
HC 268mm
AC 234mm
FL 49 mm
Everything else is measuring ahead weeks but femur length

The tech did not say anything. She said everything is fine and my baby might have shorter legs and there is nothing to worry about. I dont have any other scan as they think things are fine
Still i can not stop worrying as i googled, accordingly fl measurements were for 26 + weeks.
Anyone who had similar experience and things turned out to be fine. Please share your measurements if you have.
Thanks

That's not alot to be out by, as the tech said baby prob just has short legs! My baby's an odd shape lol his legs are the same as urs 2 weeks behind dates but his head his 2 weeks ahead haha

Its just like everybody els were all different shapes and sizes! I don't think it goes for much, my son was the same, wee short legs and now he's super tall and he's only just turned 4, he's in age 5 and alot taller than is peers....dunno how right enough lol xxx

Hello,
Dont worry, we were the same with Adrian. His femur length was below average and all his other measurements were above average... cant remember the exact measurements, i'll see if i can find them.
But he's now taller than most of his toddler friends of the same age. He has short legs, long body but not so that you'd notice unless you were looking?!
It's only obvious to me because i have to find shorter length trousers for him. Summer trousers with the button roll ups are great because they are the right length! Saying that, he's put on a little growth spurt recently and trousers that were perfect length a month or so ago are a bit short now...
They all grow at different rates AND each body part grows at different rates, so in the next 12 weeks, your baby's legs might grow quickly and other parts more slowly etc.
Really dont worry about it, 2 weeks difference is next to nothing :)

Attachments

• 011212-1718.jpg
    011212-1718.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
My buba was 2 weeks behind on femur length at his 32 week scan and he was born yesterday 51cm long :)

Is just how they grow sometimes the doc said

Thanx my lovely ladies.. This is really so reassuring.
Lilly: he is so lovely. U r right , his short legs are not really short. God bless him :)

Thank you :)
Trawled through my posts on here and found his measurements from my 20 weeks scan My scan was at 19w6 FL: 32mm HC: 172mm AC: 148mm
You could see how that compares if you have your 20 week results? I remember looking it up on centile charts and his legs being something like the 11th centile and then everything else being in the 90's!
Funny, cos this baby is a girl and her head is a week behind and her legs are spot on.:shrug: All so different! <3

Thank you :)
Trawled through my posts on here and found his measurements from my 20 weeks scan My scan was at 19w6 FL: 32mm HC: 172mm AC: 148mm
You could see how that compares if you have your 20 week results? I remember looking it up on centile charts and his legs being something like the 11th centile and then everything else being in the 90's!
Funny, cos this baby is a girl and her head is a week behind and her legs are spot on.:shrug: All so different! <3

yes..my measurements were very much same at 20 weeks.
I am relieved now. Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->