Short Luteal Phase?

Hi Everyone...

I am now in my 2WW and as usual counting my luteal phase days in the hope that they might go past the 9 day mark - which I usually I am always stopping at..

This month I am confused ...

I am using a Clearblue Monitor which gave my peak at CD15 - which makes me 9 days today

However using Fertility Friend (Charting) it has calculated my luteal phase as being 8 days - going by my temperatures.

What system is more accurate - Clearblue or Charting ???

I am hoping clearblue - as this could mean that I could reach my 10 Day luteal phase goal tomorrow!! :o)

Hi Everyone...

I am now in my 2WW and as usual counting my luteal phase days in the hope that they might go past the 9 day mark - which I usually I am always stopping at..

This month I am confused ...

I am using a Clearblue Monitor which gave my peak at CD15 - which makes me 9 days today

However using Fertility Friend (Charting) it has calculated my luteal phase as being 8 days - going by my temperatures.

What system is more accurate - Clearblue or Charting ???

I am hoping clearblue - as this could mean that I could reach my 10 Day luteal phase goal tomorrow!! :o)

I've not used a Clearblue monitor so I don't really know how they work, but I thought they monitored your peak/surge of LH to indicate when you should be :sex:? IF that is the case, then your LH surge will be just before ovulation. It's the LH surge that causes the egg to release for ovulation - so your LH surge will always be a day or two before actual ovulation. So you should go from FF - i.e. your temps - to indicate actual day of ovulation. Sorry, that makes it a shorter LP for you :(.

You should post a link to your FF chart - then we can all have a nosey and give our 'expert' opinions!! ;)

You should post a link to your FF chart - then we can all have a nosey and give our 'expert' opinions!! ;)
Hey LancyLass, talking of charts - looks like you o'd yesterday as you were hoping? :thumbup:

Many Thanks for your help ...

Unfortunately :witch: came at 2pm today :cry:

So another short LP for me ...

It is so frustrating as just can't seem to extend it ...

Been taking Vitex all this month and will continue with that ... Got my HSG this month - so that will help to see if there are any blockages etc.. and then another FS appointment booked for the 28th Sept .. Hopefully I might get some help for this frustrating problem...

Good Luck Lancy Lass with Big O ... Hopefully this is your month - would be brill if someone with a short LP gets a BFP!!!

Sorry the :witch: got you greengerbera! :hugs: It's extremely frustrating isn't it....

How long have you been on B6 / agnus castus now? I was on it for 3 months with no appreciable improvement for me... however -- I only gave it up to go on to Clomid - as they don't mix - otherwise I would have kept at it because I understand it often takes at least 3 months to build up in your system and have effect. So hang in there...

I don't know about the B6 - I'm still taking it but I don't know that it's doing anything for me. From the other short LP/B6 thread it seemed to me that that worked quite quickly for the ones it was going to work for (presumably those that had a B6 deficiency). I guess there are a lot of reasons for/causes of a short LP - it's a question of finding what makes the difference for you.

Have you seen/are you planning to see a doc?

Thanks Googly..

I am seeing the doc 28th Sept .. so I am hoping that I will also be prescribed Clomid - and then will stop taking the Vitex..

I have only been taking the Vitex for 1 month - so will keep going with it for this month whilst I wait for the appointment - to see if anything happens - but not holding out ...

I am really watching you - googly - that fingers crossed the Clomid works for you!!

Are you getting any side effects off it?? Is this your first cycle using it?

Googly - I see you're at 7dpo. Keeping FX for you!
My temp went up again today, so even though FF hasn't called it yet, it's def looking like O for yesterday. So here's FX for the B6 making a difference this cycle...

Thanks gals, yeah it's going to be difficult to tell my LP this month because despite was FF says, I suspect I'm only at 5dpo - the two high temps I had cd16/17 may well have been due to a bad cold i had, meaning ov was probably more like cd18. Maybe, maybe not! But will be difficult to say for sure by the end of it.

One thing I plan to do - picking up a discussion in another thread is wait as long as possible and then test, even if I'm convinced AF is going to arrive. Previously I've not bothered in that situation - figure it's not worth wasting a test - but now I want to see if there's ANY sign of a BFP - even if AF immediately appears. Just want to see if it's even getting that far...

Of course if my LP ends up at 7 days again that plan probably isn't going to work! :D

Re the Clomid - no, no side effects at all that I know of. I'm doing unmonitored for 3 cycles then will look at some monitored cycles which might be good to keep an eye on how the uterine lining develops. I really suspect that might be a component of the problem... Will see.

Googly - Keep us posted then on your progress - fingers crossed you see a massive improvement in your LP this month ... and a BFP!!!

Lancylass - Congrats on the O - now the countdown begins ... it would be great if you see a big improvement just using B6 - I have heard lots of stories that this has helped ladies get their BFP first cycle of taking - so hopefully you are one of them!!

I'm off away for a few days now for a stay in a nice hotel with DH (shame it wasn't last week when all the BDing was required!) So here's hoping the :spermy: has found the egg and a bit of rest and relaxation will help it implant! By the time I come back it'll be about 6 or 7 dpo so I'll be on full scale AF symptom alert and hoping to make it to at least 10 days. Will keep you all posted of course.

Hey LancyLass have an awesome break - hopefully it will be good for avoiding the symptom spotting for a few days! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->