Shortcut help for Angelcare monitor

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Loo, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Loo

Loo Mum of 2 and one on way

We have an Angelcare monitor with the sensor pad as well as the usual sound monitor.

I am loving the reassurance it gives me but am struggling to remember to turn it off before taking her out of her cot when she cries. And thus waking the neighbours!!

Is there a quick way to do this? Cos I have been altering the settings through the menu button to be sound only. But this is quite a few buttons to press in the middle of the night! Or I suppose turning both monitors off completely, but them I can't have the blue halo light on.

Has anyone got a quicker way of switching off the movement pad temporarily whilst feeding? Is there a quick shortcut I can't find?

Thanks x

2. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

I have the same problem I always forget !

Lucas is still in our room and I have the unit (with the light on) by the side of my bed on the floor so if I remember I only have to flick the main switch off and if I don't then I can just about reach it with my toe when Im feeding him !!!

3. JennieyL

JennieyL Well-Known Member

Callie is in her own room now so when I hear her starting to squirm I turn the monitor off that Is in my room it pretty much blinds you so you cant forget to turn it off and then I go to callies room and just flick the switch.. at night time I always remember to shut it off but in the day when she is napping I always forget.. I left the house the other day.. and when i came home with her that night.. It was Still going off.. poor neighbours.. lol had to listen to it for hours.. im not sure if there is an easier way then just turning it right off

4. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

im confused i just switch mine of in the bedroom (the bit tht is attatched to the pad)

the light has a seperate switch and it doesnt effect my reciever?

in fact the reciever part is on all day most of the time :dohh:

5. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I'm the same as this. Just turn the bit off that's attached to the cot but the nightlight can stay on. The parent unit is on most of the time accidentally even if the baby unit isn't.

6. NIfirsttimer

NIfirsttimer Proud mum, new wife & WTT

im confused.. if i flick the switch on the baby unit then it cancells the alarm on both units... and my halo light stays on?

7. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

mine too!!!! lol

8. my1stbump

my1stbump Well-Known Member

I think that you can only switch it off on the angel itself but the night light can stay on. Don't think there is any settings that can be changed.

9. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

Can you not turn the sensitivty on the back of the baby unit to 0? I thought that worked?

10. Loo

Loo Mum of 2 and one on way

Ah thanks. Sorry to confuse you all!!

The problem I had was that when i turn off the nursery unit, our parent unit alarms to say its lost contact with the nursery unit.

But after reading your posts, realise I can turn that 'lost contact' alarm off!

Thank you x