Shortness of breath

jonnanne3

Our miracle is HERE!
Reaction score
Hello ladies! This is my first ever post in the second tri!!!!!!! :happydance: I have been on the BnB for 3.5 years and TTC for 4 year after TR. We have had 5 losses prior to this pregnancy. This is our first pregnancy with a baby and a heartbeat! :happydance::cloud9:
Anyway, our baby is almost 19, so I have forgotten all my pregnancy issues. Plus I was 20 when I was pregnant then too and started weighing about 35 lbs less then too.
Anyway to my situation. I have noticed that over the past week, I have been getting really short of breath. I have to take a break doing laundry or getting the mail. I had lost 40 lbs prior to this pregnancy so I am no where as big as I was before. I didin't have breathing issues then either. Is it the baby moving everything north?
Sorry for the long rant, I just wanted to give you a little history.
Thank you for all your replies!

First of all, huge congratulations!!!

And welcome!!

I am not sure that at just 14wks you should be noticing any big changes like shortness of breath when doing normal activity.

I need to go up 76 steps (counted them!) to get to my classroom at work and I do feel a bit puffed out when I do it, and I do that about 6 times a day!

Might be worth speaking to doctor about it!:flower:

Hi Joanne

I had shortness of breath very early on. apparently progesterone can effect the lungs - I don't think it effects everyone but it's blinking annoying!! It has got a bit better for me :)

Hi.. :hi:

I suffer from shortness of breath and light headedness. I can walk up out stairs at home and have to stop at the top!! I think it may just be something some people deal with. My midwife said it was fine and expected. I am not overweight and I used to train 6 days a week before becoming pregnant so its not that im unfit. Although I trained for the first time in 16 weeks last night and was worried because of my shortness of breath id struggle but I was absolutely fine.. strange?!

id sugest calling your doctor or MW to check it out hun caus at 14 wks its very early to be feeling any affect from baby moving upwards

Thank you ladies. I am still taking progesterone supplements and also my uterus was tilted. So it's not really making that upward shift. I wonder if that is it. I go to my OB tomorrow and I will ask him about it. This is my 4th baby (11th pregnancy) and they say that you start showing a lot earlier than your first. (I can't remember as my 1st is 22! :blush:)
The shortness of breath is usually when I do a lot more than I normally do. I will talk to my doctor tomorrow. It doens't affect my daily activities, but it is just a little annoying more than anything. Also my blood pressure is perfect too. I try to take it about once a week due to my age (39) and I am a little over weight. (170 at 5 ft 7 in)
Thank you all again! :hugs:

I've been getting shortness of breath since pretty early on and am reasonably fit and not carrying any extra weight apart form baby.

i think it's just another glorious pregnancy side effect! :)

i often suffer too - if for instance i go upstairs and hubby asks me a question - i can answer him but sometimes struggle to get it all out without taking a deep breath - however, this feeling comes and goes all the time - i am trying to exercise more by going for walks in my lunch hour x

Hey. I have been suffering from shortness of breath, especially with stairs! It seems to be worse at certain times, like I managed to walk to work fine this morning, but getting up to go and make a drink left me out of breath! Great fun :)

The joys of pregnancy! Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING every minute of it. After 4 years and 5 losses, I am embracing every second of this. Whether it is good or bad. I just didn't remember being out of breath with my other 3.
It comes and goes, it's not all the time. I think right now the baby is going thru a growing spurt. I wasn't feeling tired or any morning sickness over the past 2 weeks, but now the indigestion and extreme fatigue are coming back with a vengence! I am fortunate that I work from home and nap time is one of my perks!

First off huge congrats!!!!!

I have been feeling short of breath since about 13 weeks. Everyone is different. Was so worried about it and even went into the ER for it cause I was having very serious trouble breathing even while sitting at rest. Did all kinds of tests and sent me home saying everything was fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Every pregnancy is different and everyone is different experienceing things at different times and some not at all. But if you are very concerned about it then just ask your doctor about it. That is always the best advice. At the very least can ease your mind a bit.

It's quite normal actually, it's the progesterone also the blood increasing and lungs not being able to keep up or something like that! lol. I've been this way in both pregnancies!

im not sure what it is either but i struggle with it sometimes.
i dont even have to be moving, i just feel like i cant breath!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->