Should I acdept it's now over? HCG results

Keepsmiling91

Reaction score
So according to my LMP I would be 5w 5d today but clear blues and low hormones indicate im more between 4-5 weeks (I didn't use OPK this month so no idea when I ovulated)

Had betas done as follows -

Thurs 11th - 118
Sat 13th - 291
Fri 19th. - 4868 (today)

Had an internal u/s today which showed nothing! Not even a sac, so was sent off for bloods, just got the results are they were 4968, so doubling fine but obviously they should have seen SOMETHING? Anything?!!

The doctor said there is a 'shadowy' area that could be the beginning of a sac but that was before she knew my HCG results,

Im scared out of my mind and waiting for a call from the consultant, can any ladies please share ur experiences of anything similar and what the outcome was? Ive had no pain or bleeding but I know sometimes there are no signs xx

Thank u xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 68
At 4 week scan they just saw a tiny black dot. Nothing else.

At 6 weeks a baby was visible!!! Tiny, but there and a heartbeat!

So, don't worry yet.

I've read that your hcg levels need to be above 10k to see yolk sac

Sorry - it's 8k according to this website:
https://www.babymed.com/is-my-hcg-blood-level-normal

At 6w2d my levels where only just over 1500 I went for a scan and only a sac and yolk was seen some babies are just slow growers, please don't give up hope yet, are they going to rescan you? X

Have the checked for ectopic? You might just be too early to see anything.

Bless you. It's Defo not over. Your levels are looking good :) you sound similar to me.
In December I went for an early scan cause I was having pains they couldn't see anything so did bloods.

I can't remember the dates but here's my numbers
2508 this one was 4 days after the second number so they hadn't doubled.

They called me in for another scan with the consultant. They saw a little black dot, the dr said it was just a sac and estimated me at 6+5. I didn't have a clue of my dates at ovulation was very late (around 30-31 days I'm guessing) they wanted to talk to me about termination cause my levels weren't going up properly and they couldn't see much. I declined and asked for a rescan in 2 weeks time, the dr agreed. So after the longest 2 weeks of my life I went back for a scan and saw a little baba with a beating heart measuring 8+1. I am now 13+2 and have my scan in Tuesday :)
Don't give up. Ask for a rescan in 2 weeks time, by the you should Defo see something. Xxx

I've attached a pic of what my scan looked early on. To me it's nothing. I will attach my next one In another post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 11
This is my scan 2 weeks after the first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 11
Aww thank you for sharing vickylou! So happy for you!! What a lovely story x

I did a clear blue last night and got 2-3
And just done one this morning and got my first 3+

So im going to date myself according to the clear blue digis which would make me 5w1d today, and just 5w at my scan, the problem is they're saying is ok I may be off with my dates and maybe too early, but with HCG so high at 4800 I should 100% be seeing a sac! But what confuses me is my tubes were clear also, and she said I had a thick lining to my uterus, and progesterone was good at 40, which inidicates a healthy pregnancy,

Im just so confused and don't want to leave it too long if it is in my tube as it could rupture, I called the private scan place today, and they said mon/tues wouldn't be giving me enough time to see anything, so booked in for Thursday (6 days after my last scan) Plz keep everything crossed for me xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
Aww thank you for sharing vickylou! So happy for you!! What a lovely story x

I did a clear blue last night and got 2-3
And just done one this morning and got my first 3+

So im going to date myself according to the clear blue digis which would make me 5w1d today, and just 5w at my scan, the problem is they're saying is ok I may be off with my dates and maybe too early, but with HCG so high at 4800 I should 100% be seeing a sac! But what confuses me is my tubes were clear also, and she said I had a thick lining to my uterus, and progesterone was good at 40, which inidicates a healthy pregnancy,

Im just so confused and don't want to leave it too long if it is in my tube as it could rupture, I called the private scan place today, and they said mon/tues wouldn't be giving me enough time to see anything, so booked in for Thursday (6 days after my last scan) Plz keep everything crossed for me xx

They said the same to me about HCG huni, cause it's a certain amount they should Defo be seeing something. Well everyone is different. See with my first child I was 6 weeks when I was scanned and she showed up straight away with a lovely this heartbeat. This one I was 8 weeks before I saw anything. I hate that the professionals say we should be seeing this that and the other when that's not the case. Like I said they wanted me to talk about taking termination drugs cause they couldn't find my baby, how is anyone meant to have that talk without knowing for sure.

Honestly do not worry, I believe you will see a healthy little bean at your next scan :) I have everything crossed and wishing you lots of luck xxx

I feel like everything is going to be just fine :)
That's the downfall to early scans , sometimes it's just too soon to see anything yet but then bam next scan there's baby ! Good luck and try not to worry <3

I went for an early scan when from my lmp I should have been 6 weeks but it should a sac with a tiny circle which they said was a yolk sac. Two weeks later they checked me again and I should have measured 8 weeks 3 days but I measured 7 weeks 2 days and you could see the heart beat and was kinda baby shaped but more like a blob.. But you could just have concieved later than you thought. You'll probably get another scan in week or two to see if anythig has developed, I wouldn't say all hope is gone though. I was convinced because of the first scan I must have miscarried because there should have been a baby visible, but could just have concieved later like I did

I think some women, or some pregnancies, just produce high hcg and so you can't necessarily go by (only) that to determine what will be seen. With my daughter, my hcg was over 18,000 at 4w6d. That number would put me in the 6 weeks range, but I had a scan the following week which confirmed I was only 4w6d when the blood level was taken. No way would I have seen a baby that early because it takes time to develop, regardless of the hcg level. So even though your hcg may suggest you should have seen a sac, I would think you would need to be far enough along as well, and doesn't seem like you are. Hope this is making sense! So no, I don't think you should accept it's over, because honestly I don't think it is. I just think you are producing a lot of hcg, but are still too early to see much of anything. Good luck!!

Definitely don't resign yourself to the pregnancy being over. I'd say you're just too early to see anything.

Sending all my good thoughts for your next scan.

Thank u so much here's my HCG as follows (just got todays results back)

Thurs 11th- 118
Sat 13th- 291

Friday 19th- 4868
Sun 21st- 10,422

So they have booked me in for a scan again tomorrow afternoon please please keep everything tightly crossed for my ladies im so scared x

They said if they don't see anything tomorrow they will give me key hole surgery to see what's going on, ive still had no bleeding or pain or symptoms of ectopic so holding onto that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->