Should I be worried

TTC 84

Reaction score
I took a test about 4 days ago and the control line was barely visible I did another today at 6+3 and the test line is still darker than control line but the control line is darker than the other day , so now I'm worried .
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc429/tempy6/Mobile%20Uploads/image_15.jpeg

So I think the diagram on the left of the test is backwards-the control line is your darker line and your BFP in on the right and getting darker. Congrats!

Nope the darker line is the test line :)
Thankyou

Was the second one done with FMU? It's still a very dark test line and very light control so I wouldn't worry :)

It was a four hour hold , thanks I'm trying not to worry and not testing again :)

You are over 6 weeks which means that the hook effect is probably the reason for the "lighter" test. If you feel like you need to test again try diluting your pee before dipping. Any chance you can request an u/s or betas to ease your mind? Hpt's at this point aren't a great indicator of progression as your hcg is in the tens of thousands if not more. I think you are good.

Seems fine to me. Maybe your Hcg is just very high. I would be worried if the test line was faint.

I used the new frer and they did that-the control line would always be lighter than my test line but it would vary. It really can't get much darker so as hard as I know it is I would try to stop testing; you're definitely pregnant! :)

Thanks for the reassurance ladies , I have an ultrasound booked Thursday so I'll stop testing now and try and stop worrying . Xx

I'm sure all is ok. Mine went the same after 6 weeks with this pregnancy and I'm sure it's the hook effect. I had a scan at 7 weeks and all was fine. Congratulations x

I'd say almost definitely the hook effect starting since you're over 6 weeks.
Good luck with your ultrasound- come back and update

That started to happen to me at just over 6 weeks. The latest one I did at 6+3, the control line was slightly darker so I stepped away from the tests (as hard as that was to do) because I didn't want to worry myself unnecessarily. I'm sure it's either the hook effect or just the test itself and you and little one are fine :) Good luck with your scan xx

I'm with you. Stupid clear blue digi won't give me a 3+ for anything! I've been at 2-3 for 15 days now and trying SO HARD not to worry.

I had this also at around the same time, it was the start of the hook effect. They can only get so dark. Also, I did 2 FRERs in the same urine at that point and got two noticeably different test lines. Try to not obsess over every line, I drove myself nuts with it and ended up feeling so negative that I was a basket case before my first early scan. All is going well now at 24 weeks, so relax xxxxxx

I had this also at around the same time, it was the start of the hook effect. They can only get so dark. Also, I did 2 FRERs in the same urine at that point and got two noticeably different test lines. Try to not obsess over every line, I drove myself nuts with it and ended up feeling so negative that I was a basket case before my first early scan. All is going well now at 24 weeks, so relax xxxxxx

Every test has different among of dye hun try and not worry. Stress isn't good and if it's bothering you so much I'd go doctors for bloods that's the only way to be 100% sure. There pregnancy test there not designed to measure the amount of hormones and it most probably is hook effect. But I understand completely I done test right up to my 12 week scan plus blood test twice a week with my daughter do what ever puts your mind at rest x

I have seen the hook effect in action many times on this website! This definitely looks to be an example of that. I'm sure your little bean is fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->