Should I be Worried??

JennyOwens

Pregnant - 2nd time round
Reaction score
Hi ladies

This is probably going to be a bit of a longer post than normal but could really use some reassurance or a nudge - whichever is needed!

It started a few weeks ago...I’m not really sure what is relevant and what isn’t so I’ll include it all… I had a really bad toothache and the dentist gave me antibiotics (safe ones for pregnancy) which helped with the toothache but gave me thrush. I didn't treat the thrush and it seemed to go by itself. Then the toothache came back at the same time that I got a really stinky stomach bug (which I did confuse with the recurrence of MS in the third trimester) but which lasted about a week. During that time i had the tooth removed. Whilst I was still getting over the stomach bug I had a midwife appointment ad she did some routine blood tests. She also found traces of protein and keytones in my urine but put that down to not having eaten properly due to stomach bug. In the days following the appointment I had (sorry - tmi) white stools. I googled it but did nothing as I couldn't really work out what the problem could be and a couple of days later my blood test came back and the Dr prescribed me some iron & folic acid tablets.

I started taking the tablets and began to feel much better (although I did think that the test might have been skewed due to the bug). Anyway the tablets made my stools darker again and I got my energy levels back. Then last Friday and Saturday I forgot to take the iron tablets and also came down with the worst cold in the world.

I have started the tablets again but am just exhausted all the time. I have to have about 3-4 hours of extra sleep in the day as well as my usual night time sleep! This is so unlike me - I am literally never ever ill. and Certainly never for this long.

I started reading about the symptoms of anaemia on the internet and found out that one of the links is to pre-term labour! Now i'm terrified that something is wrong, mainly because I have never been this tired or ill for this long before.

Has anyone else had something like this? I feel pathetic all the time and have even cried because I'm so sick of feeling ill. I don't want to bother the Dr as I don't want to spread my germs but now I'm worried that it could be something more serious and I should be really worried.

I don't have a temperature and I can still feel plenty of movements from the baby. Please reply!!

xxx

Hi hun. I didn't want to read and run! I would say to speak to your doctor or midwife as they will be able to identify if there are any issues. Don't worry about bothering them - that's what they are there for!

Having anaemia and getting bugs etc. is very common in pregnancy. Don't forget, your immune system is surpressed so you can pick up things easily.

Have a chat with your doc and keep us posted x

unless you start getting early labour signs then i wouldnt worry about anemia causing it as anemia is common in pregnancy and it has to be a severe case to be linked to causing pre-term labour

Thanks for the replies ladies - why do you never read nice sensible things like this when you google!?

xx

When is your next appointment? If it's soon I'd wait for it, but if not I'd call. I don't think it's normal to be sooooo tired. I mean I have 2 kids + full time uni plus gestational diabetes that can make you tired, but I'm still not as tired as you! :hugs: hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->