Should I be worried?

hmm

Mummy of a little boy.
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage in oct last year at 6 weeks. After I got the negative tests and it had all ended I then had one normal period then fell pregnant again. I will be officially 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow according to my dates etc. With the miscarriage last time I knew things were never going to go right as I was bleeding the entire time even before i tested and i also had barely any symptoms. I only knew I was pregnant for a week and it was really difficult to come to terms with.

This pregnancy I have felt really anxious about keep expecting things to go wrong again. The main difference this time round is I did infact miss a period and did have a few symptoms for the first few weeks such as light nausea never was actually sick but felt it. I found myself going off food yet feeling starving hungrey at same time. I've had headaches and was really thirsty all the time. I had slightly sore boobs but they came and went every few days as did most of the symptoms.

The thing is for about a week now i've lost every single symptom. I feel totally unpregnant so im very worried. I did have two separate occasions where when i went to the toilet i wiped and there was some very pale pink spotting but not enough to get on my underwear and it was only the two times I went to the toilet but on different days. One was a couple of days after being rude :blush: abit too roughly:haha: so i wondered if that could of been the reason why. I also felt my cervix (prob shouldn't of) and i think that may possibly have caused the second incident of spotting. This was all before my midwife booking in appointment so I told her about it.

What is worrying me now though is the lack of symptoms having gone for a week. After what happened last time I keep reading about miscarriages and now reading about missed miscarriages and I'm worried this is what might be happening to me? :nope: I mentioned the spotting and lack of symptoms to my midwife booking in appointment but she didn't seem too concerned and just said if it happened again to go see the doctor and they would refer me to the early pregnancy unit. As of yet its not happened again but i am concerned. It seems an age away before i'd get a scan to know whats going on. I haven't even had a letter to tell me when to expect it yet.

Feel so nervous. Is anyone else in similar circumstances or experienced the same situation where all your symptoms gone for a week including sore boobs (as mine feel totally normal even with prodding) and been ok in the end?

Not sure what to feel at the moment. It's like im in limbo. I can't feel positive or grieve if its not going to work out.

:shrug:

I feel the same Hun, I had a MMC at 10 weeks baby died at 7 w4d! But this time I'm feeling so anxious about everything! I'm also having quiet bad cramping. And although I know it's 'normal' its setting off my alarm bells! How ever with my first pregnancy by 9 weeks my symptoms had gone, I also had a bleed and everthing was fine! I think no matter what anyone says, it's no
Comfort. And I can only hope and pray my bubba arrives safely xx good luck to u and sticky baby dust all around!! :dust: x

I've heard many of us on here post the same thing about disappearing symptoms, so please try not too worry, symptoms definately come and go! If you get too concerned, though, call the doc and try to get a scan.

I understand. I had disappearing symptoms before my miscarriage (also at 6 weeks), and now I have very few symptoms, so I worry about it. Before I was worried that I would have horrible morning sickness and now I worry that I won't! I think when you've had one mc its hard not to worry about everything. However, I might press your doctor/midwife a little more. Maybe they could check your Hcg levels to make sure they're rising as expected, even if they won't do an ultrasound just yet.

my symptoms all faded last week and now i have next to none. but its normal as the placenta takes over at around that time im told. i know baby is ok as i have a dopler and have heard its heartbeat.

go and see a doctor if you are worried though. at least then he may be able to put your mind at rest a bit :) also apparently 10 weeks is through the critical period for your baby (one of my tickers says at least) so hang in there - only a few days for you to go :)

hi hun , with my dd my sympmtoms started to fade by 9weeks by 10 weeks i had no early preg symptoms (no sickness,no sore boobs,no cramps nothing !) after miscarriages myself i was also panicking and knicker watching !! but here iam with a 15mth old dd !!! i know it nearly impossible to relax :wacko: have u considered having a private scan for reassurance / peace of mind ?? i had a number of these throughout my preg it really helped ! they are not as expensive as u probably think ! good luck hun xxxxx

slight update

Started feeling all day motion type sickness about 3 days ago so i think my symptoms have returned for now.

Hun, symptoms come and go. It's totally normal to worry when you've already experienced one miscarriage. . .but it's important to remember that a: you can't prevent one, and b. you didn't cause it, and c. stress is not good for your bubba!

I'm a strong believer in embracing what you DO know (that you are pregnant), and assuming the best (not the worst) until you know for a fact otherwise.

Symptoms will come and go as your body adjusts and gets used to the hormones. If you are really early (5-7 weeks) it's pretty common to not get a full load of symptoms just yet. Week 7 or later is when it starts to get more blatant. Then in weeks 9-12, the placenta starts to take over and wah-lah, symptoms disappear.

Every woman and every baby is different :) Try and relax and enjoy this until you know otherwise - worrying and grieving over something that may not be lost is bad for your psyche :) Plus, the more you expect one symptom (say, morning sickness) the more likely you are to miss another (blue veins, or thicker hair).
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->