Should I be ?

1st_baby

Max turned 11 months yesterday and along with happy and sad emotions came the big questions

1) should i be stopping formula now ? He likes it allot and is quite picky with food so its a good source of vits for him ?
Hes got the 12+ one vanilla flavored its called " nutritional suppliment"

2) should he be eating only our food now and no more jars ?

I tried yesterday to feed him some cut up supper we had ..salmon and potatoes and pasta he had maybe 2 bites of the food the rest he played with ? so im worried he wont eat much ??

Hi,

Babies can be put onto cows milk at a year old although my first 2 were put on it at 10 months but they were eating alot of meals made by me with the occasional jars if I was out.

My advice would be if ur worried about how much nutrients ur son is getting then keep him on formula until u start introducing more home made foods, when u are satisfied that he is getting enough from that then introduce cows milk, the idea is that food will take over from the formula and cows milk for calcium etc

Good luck

Char is switching over to milk now at 10 months. We're at 6oz milk to 3oz formula and we're doing it gradually, but she really doesn't like formula anymore. Her food is as follows
Breakfast: yogurt with 'good morning' oatmeal w/mixed fruit in it
Lunch: Jar of 3rds baby fruit (she won't eat the veg or meat!)
Snack: Gerber toddler veggie puffs or banana cookies and milk
Dinner: Whatever we're having

1) should i be stopping formula now ? He likes it allot and is quite picky with food so its a good source of vits for him ?

In My Opion If Hes Taking It Then Give Him It. My Son Has A Bottle In the Moring And One Before He Goes To Bed. He has Cows milk throughout the day

2) should he be eating only our food now and no more jars ?

aaron wont eat out of jars lol.

We still give Daniel formula. I just think it is a good source of vitamins and in the days when he doesnt eat much I at least can be more relaxed knowing thast he will have his bottle before going to bed.

And we still use jars sometimes. Quite a often actually...

I think there is nothing wrong with both. I always thought whatever works for you and your baby best. :hug:

Just with formula make sure you are giving him the right one for his age :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->