Should I care about this?

wolfQ

Reaction score
So the name my hubby came up with and the only name we can agree on is Claire. Which is fine, except I had a co-worker with that name, though she doesn't work there anymore we are still friends on Facebook. She only worked there for a couple of months. The only middle name I like with Claire is Elise, which is also a former co-worker that I'm friends with on Facebook. Is this too weird? I'm really not naming my kid after former co-workers I just happen to like the name combo. We don't see each other or anything I think both actually live in a different state now. For some reason it just weirds me out and I've almost wanted to send them a message explaining my name choice but that seems weird too ha ha.

Not weird at all imo, in fact they may well think its cool to have the same names as your LO :thumbup:

No not weird! I'm sure they won't think anything of it- you'll probably get the "ooh nice name :winkwink:" comments, but I highly doubt they (or anyone else) will think that LO is named after them. It would be different if it was one person who was called Claire Elise but two different people not a big deal :)

^ WSS exactly...If it were one girl named Claire Elise it would be different. I wouldn't worry :)

Unless they were family or close friends I don't think it would be weird. You could always use Clarice?

I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are if you don't see them anymore you'll eventually lose contact anyway. If it really bothers you, you could always give your LO a "facebook name." I have a couple friends who do that, for privacy. They just make something up, like Pumpkin or Rosebud or something and use that when they refer to their kids online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->