Should I even bother going to my doctor's appointment tomorrow? (I'll be 6 w 5 days)

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if I should go. I was hoping to see the heartbeat soon because I am getting so stressed out wondering if everything is okay. But I'm not sure their ultrasound machine will be GOOD ENOUGH to see anything at 6 weeks, 5 days. I'm worried that if I have a scan, and they don't see anything, I'll have a breakdown. But if they DID see something and it was positive, my stress would be diminished.

Decisions decisions. Should I reschedule for two weeks from now, or just go in and get it over with (and risk the breakdown)?

I would go. I was 6+1 at my first ultrasound and we saw a bean and heartbeat. And the machine was a portable office one so probably not that good.

6 weeks exactly we saw a blob baby, HB, ges sack and yolk sac x

I was 5weeks +1 and saw sac & yolk ! At 6 week saw heartbeat !!! X

Go!!! I went at5+6 and saw everything and a heartbeat!

I saw a heartbeat in the screen at 6+1w. It will need to be an internal scan though. Good luck!

I dunno I hear so many stories where ladies go in really really for their first u/s and they don't see a heartbeat so they get so worried and stressed, then the baby catches up 2 weeks later. I had wanted an early u/s but now I'm kinda glad I didn't get one. Buuut these ladies who posted above all had great experiences so it works out often, too!

I would go if I were you! I saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time at 6w2d with an internal scan. It was amazing. <3

If you really are 6+5 tomorrow, you should be able to see the heartbeat...

I would definitely go. No sense in prolonging what you want to know!

Agree with wookie...if you are sure on your dates go for it!

If you know your dates are spot on, you should definitely see something by then! My doctor's office sees you between 7-8 weeks because by 7-8 weeks, even if you are a week off, you should probably see something by then. I saw DD's hb at 5w5d last time, but I knew my dates were 100% because I was temping and using opks.

If you are sure on dates, definitely go. I wish my scan would have been around 6 weeks instead of 5w5d like it was. My experience didn't go so great bc of it being so early.

I'm sure all is fine. Fx and keep us updated!

Thanks ladies. It sounds like I would have a great chance of hearing a heartbeat. The sonogram at my doctor's office though is just attached to a laptop..my friend at 18 weeks said it had a hard time seeing her baby which is significantly bigger!

I have decided to cancel and reschedule for 2 weeks on. In the beginning when I got pregnant I wanted to just trust nature and leave doctor's out for the most part. So I will go when I'm further along. Just gotta relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->