Should I have darker lines by now?

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
Okay so I think I'm roughly 4 weeks which I know is still very early but I got my BFP 4 days ago on the 11th and been using answer first response tests. I have been getting a pretty decent line but I've run out so using cheapies.

Anyway, given the great line on my frer yesterday I expected a better line on the others?

I'm going to get some more frer today to dip in the same FMU but until then I think I'm going crazy! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 68
They look fine huni cheaper ones take longer To go dark I think as they are not as sensitive as the frer x

They look fine huni cheaper ones take longer To go dark I think as they are not as sensitive as the frer x

Thanks :) I've got quite severe anxiety and this is literally keeping me on edge! I went to the doctor yesterday to be referred to antenatal etc and the next time I'll see someone is in 6-8 weeks!!! Unless I pay £100 for a private scan which I can't afford at the moment :( xx

Those lines looks great hun! With my loss in Jan my frer didn't get as dark as that x

Agreed, those look great. You really can't compare across tests, even ones of the same sensitivity but different brands. They all just progress differently. If it's stressing you, I'd stop testing. I did take about about 5 tests after my first BFP with this pregnancy, but only because I had them. This is our last baby and it felt wasteful just to save them to chuck in the bin unused. But if it's worrying you, I'd leave it be for now. All looks good, so enjoy it.

So I used a FRER in the same sample as the cheapies and the line really isn't getting much darker, if anything it's lighter.....

I hate this beginning stage!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 38
Looks perfectly fine! Have you had your bloods taken yet?

Looks perfectly fine! Have you had your bloods taken yet?

We don't have bloods taken here, not until your first midwife appointment and that could be any time! Even then they don't test your HCG and if they do they don't let you know at all. Basically they take your word for it! It's rubbish really x

Looks great to me. Hcg takes 48-72 hours to double so wouldn't expect much difference between yesterday and today. Also depends on how dilute urine is. I think there's great progression from first test til now xx

Step away from the tests. One of my tests was a lot lighter but I was drinking so much water then the one the next morning was a lot lighter. Your lines all look so good I would stop it's hard I know, I took 10 tests 4 being clear blue digital x

I took tests twice a day and was getting so frustrated that the line would look the same for a few days...major progression could be seen every 48 hours, but not really after just 24. And I'm now 23 weeks

Your lines look great hun! i completely freaked myself out on this pregnancy as i bought some cheap tests and they were practically negative after getting great lines on frer but this baby is fine so far. x

Firstly I've run out of tests and if I go and buy any more the pharmacist is going to think I'm crazy.... well..... crazier..... lol!

I got this line this morning and I'm pretty happy with the progression so I think it's all good :happydance:

Just got to wait for all the sickness and everything to start (it's started at 6 weeks both pregnancies) and then I'll fully relax :)

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back