Should I see dr about irregular periods?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Hey girls! Hope someone can help! The past few months my periods have been really irregular, they were always 28 days then suddenly one was 39 days and now I'm on cd34 and still no period!

Would this be an after thing from having my dd 7 months ago?

I have had really bad period like pains for about a week but nothing! Obvs this is making it harder for me ttc as I don't no if or when I ovulate!

I'm only 24 so want to sort this ASAP!

If I do go to the doctors what will they do? x

Hi my lo is 8 months and my cycles have been completely irratic
50 days, 62 days and now I'm currently cd79 with no PMT systems at the moment.

I currently have a high bmi so am trying to lose some weight before going to the doctors.

Sorry I can't help as such but wanted you to know your not alone

Aww thanks! Oh god I feel u waiting so long for af must be so hard!!

I'm lying here at the minute with really bad period pains which are making me feel sick! And Iv had this for about a week! x

It's very frustrating. I started taking agnus castus (vitex) as I was told this could help regulate my cycles. After one week of terrible PMT ( sore boobs, nausea, dizzy, headaches, upset stomach) I stopped taking them. I've got a few commitments this week then I'm going to start taking them again.

I've taken 4 pregnancy tests just to ensure I'm not pregnant.

I've decided if things don't improve in next couple of months i will book to see our local female doctor. Especially as we are wanting to TTC January 12

Aww thanks! Oh god I feel u waiting so long for af must be so hard!!

I'm lying here at the minute with really bad period pains which are making me feel sick! And Iv had this for about a week! x

I did that this time around. I had cramps for like a week that led to a 35 day cycle. When I did start, it was very light and like only 2 days. I have had these light periods for several months. It's not the norm. for me. I'm going to the doc. about it this Tuesday.

I say if it gives you peace of mind go for it! It cant hurt.

rdy

Hi, my periods have recently started doing the same thing: regular 28-29 days for 18 years, then BAM 35 and last cycle 40. I have never given birth or even been pregant, so that can't be the reason for me. When I phoned the doctor she said to give it another cycle and try to relax as much as possible, then call again if it goes so long again.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that, but I recognised my own frustration in your post, and I hope we get answers soon! Please let me know if you do find out what's going on!

:dust: gl!

Will do! Am gona make an appointment 2moro I just wana no if I can get pregnant or not!

For anyone that has irregular periods I suggest they see a Dr. I had the same problem. My periods were so irregular it was frustrating. I never knew when it would come and how long it would stay:confused: So I finally went and seen an ObGyn since we were ttc #1 . I was put on Medroxyprog (10mg) 3 months ago. It works wonderful. I take a pill the first 10 days of each month and my period always come on day 11 or 12. The doc said it would not have any effect on a baby when I get a BFP. She also ordered me to start taking Prenatal vitamins and she did a test on June 1 to verify that I am ovulating. Currently waiting on those results.

I hope this helps.

thanks jiggybean! i went today and she just told me to come back in 3 months as its too early for me to have a 2nd child anyway! x

thanks jiggybean! i went today and she just told me to come back in 3 months as its too early for me to have a 2nd child anyway! x

Sorry Lauren. I would try a new doc. asap.

rdy

yeah, I agree....unless she had a legitimate medical reason for telling you that (ie after examining you) I'd look further. It's not up to a doctor to do your family planning for you!

I'd go and see another doctor. Irregular periods are not normal and it doesn't matter if you're ttc or not.

Glad I seen this thread, Ive only just started to get my periods bk since oct they been 30-37 days and FF said af shud of been here on the 4th or 5th this month!!

Now I'm thinking they have all stopped again, I've cut down my metformin to 1 tablet a day last 2 cycles! Do u think this could be the reason they have stopped?!!!

Cd 37 today and no sign of af at all :(

I'm cd37 n no af too! Must be a really late one for us this month!

I've got a doc appointment Thursday morning for a bad chest. Very tempted to say I'm currently Cd81 but I'm Really nervous .... Think I might be trying to stick my head in the sand rather than be told there's nothing they can do for me

Hi there, sorry to gatecrash your thread but would just like to give you some reassurance. I managed to conceive naturally in Jan even though I've always had a history of irregular/non existant periods, I actually thought I had PCOS and went to GP about this. They did a blood test to check for hormone levels and everything came back normal...looking back I think there was a link between my weight and my periods, they started to get more regular after I lost a few stone.

For anyone that has irregular periods I suggest they see a Dr. I had the same problem. My periods were so irregular it was frustrating. I never knew when it would come and how long it would stay:confused: So I finally went and seen an ObGyn since we were ttc #1 . I was put on Medroxyprog (10mg) 3 months ago. It works wonderful. I take a pill the first 10 days of each month and my period always come on day 11 or 12. The doc said it would not have any effect on a baby when I get a BFP. She also ordered me to start taking Prenatal vitamins and she did a test on June 1 to verify that I am ovulating. Currently waiting on those results.

I hope this helps.

Do you mean you got your period 11 or 12 days after stopping the Medroxyprog?? I'm CD 46 and still waiting to ovulate, wondering what they would even do. :shrug:

SO Glad to see this thread.
I am curently on a 14 day cycle, where every 2 weeks like clock work i start to bleed. I have done at home ovu test for the last few months with no spike. Should i go to the doctor? If i do what will happen?
Any advise/experiance would be helpful, as i have been ttc for 8 months on this 14 day cycle and not only am i not preg but the almost constant bleeding is wearing me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->