should i try again??

kayla's mommy

trying 4 #2 after MC
Reaction score
so today i experienced a miscarriage :angel::sadangel:, i really dont know if i should just give up and just be happy with what i already have or try again. im deeply scared that it will happen again and i will get disappointed. how long have any of you waited to try again.

Oh hunni, i'm so sorry! :hug:

I started TTC straight away, but that's me. Maybe give yourself a ;ittle time to process things.

Take care xxx

thank you, i have never been so down in my life. it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me.

im so sorry

You need to give yourself time, the week it happened to me, i was too scared to try again and wanted to give up, and i have no children. The shock and trauma is horrible and changes your perspective, albeit temporarily.

The fear is there, but it doesnt govern your life or dictate what you should do next. You decide what you want for your family, not the fear that has no right to be there

give yourself some time to recover and grieve your loss x

*hugs hun* You need to take some time to take in what has happened because it is a big shock. Once you have done that you will have a better idea of whether or not you want to TTC again but there is no reason why you shouldn't.

x x x x

Im so sorry for your loss hun :-( all i will say, and i knw its a cliche, but time does heal, altho u will never forget ((hugs)) I lost my baby in Jan this year and started ttc again last cycle so hope this is our mth. I waited 3 cycles before ttc again but i had to as the consultant told me to heal after my tube removal due to ectopic.

Just give yourself time to heal emotionally and physically and time to grieve so u are strong for your next pregnancy which is hopefully a sticky lil bean ;-) xxx

so today i experienced a miscarriage :angel::sadangel:, i really dont know if i should just give up and just be happy with what i already have or try again. im deeply scared that it will happen again and i will get disappointed. how long have any of you waited to try again.

So sorry to hear hun :hugs:

My SIL had one last year. They already have a wee one of 2 and they started trying as soon as she had her first AF which was 3 mths after her m/c. She is now 12 weeks pregnant after conceiving in their 2nd cycle, had a scan last week and everything seems to be going fine.

She felt the same as yourself, not sure if they should try again and just be happy with the one they have but nothing she could have done would have changed anything last year - she figured God had another use for him/her. She talks about it and that seems to have helped her. She is still anxious and will only be truly happy once wee bubba is here.

Don't give up hope.

Just because you've MC it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you or your OH.
Sometimes it just happens. It could be blighted ovum, etc. I wouldn't give up hope, keep trying :hugs: Is this your first MC?
I know by all means it is not easy, and you definitely need to give yourself some time. After my MC i felt the lowest i have ever felt in my life. But don't let this scare you away from trying again. You never know what can happen!
Good luck lady! I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hey there... after a mc you bare always going to feel scared if you decide to try again. for me, the big decision is WHEN to try again. There is no medical reason why anyone should not try straightaway after a loss, however the docs prefer at least 1 cylce to pass for ease of dating.

If you physically want to try again, i say go for it. if your body's not ready, surely you wont concieve?

Well thats my theory and im going for it 11 days after my erpc.

Wish me luck!

I have suffered two losses and although I am terrified of it happening again, the overwhelming need to be a mother has made me want to try again. I plan to take a month or two to recover emotionally and then we will start the process over again. It's still fresh for me as it's only been two weeks, but as everyone has said - time does heal things. I learned that the first time around.

I am very sorry for your loss and I wish you the very best in whatever decision you make. Give it time and I believe that you will be able to get more perspective once you're not suffering from so much grief.

I know how you are feeling. So sorry for your loss. I had a MMC at 6 and half weeks in December. I was devastated and said i could not go through it again. But soon decided that i would try again although there is always a risk i could mc again. The way i looked at it was i wanted a second child and was prepared to gothrough the worries that will go with pregnancy if there was a chance i could have a baby at the end. Also, though mc is very common most pregnancies are healthy and go to term - that has what has kept me going. I am now almost 13 weeks and all is ok so far. x

ok guys so i have decided to try again. today i woke up in the best mood that i have been in my life for some reason. mabye its because me and the husband bd yesterday and havent for about 2 weeks. lol but now im good and ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->