Should I wait, or continue?

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
OK, this is my concern. Last month I saw my Dr. and I am on a waitlist for a lap/hysterscopy/D&C. This waitlist is about three months...so I am thinking April of sometime. I just took a digital today - negative. So that leaves me with March. This sounds dumb, but I am worried of getting pregnant next month? Why? Because I have recurrent m/c and I have a high chance of m/c. So, say I get pregnant and they cancel the procedure and then I m/c. Then I go back on the waitlist. However, what if I do get pregnant and don't m/c? The thing is, I probably won't get pregnant anyway, but I could always not cancel the procedure until the day of (not tell my DR) but then I won't get the reassurance scans. Ahhhhhh....someone just tell me what to do!!!

OK, this is my concern. Last month I saw my Dr. and I am on a waitlist for a lap/hysterscopy/D&C. This waitlist is about three months...so I am thinking April of sometime. I just took a digital today - negative. So that leaves me with March. This sounds dumb, but I am worried of getting pregnant next month? Why? Because I have recurrent m/c and I have a high chance of m/c. So, say I get pregnant and they cancel the procedure and then I m/c. Then I go back on the waitlist. However, what if I do get pregnant and don't m/c? The thing is, I probably won't get pregnant anyway, but I could always not cancel the procedure until the day of (not tell my DR) but then I won't get the reassurance scans. Ahhhhhh....someone just tell me what to do!!!

:hugs: I dont normally come in here hun, I like you have so far had 2 mc's so know how scared you feel about getting pregnant and mc'ing again. I would say if you have a high chance of mc'ing again go through the doctors and get yourself sorted huni, then once you have the all clear from them I would ttc again then, cos you dont need the heartache of another mc im sure. I assume it's nhs your going through could you risk getting pg not mc'ing straight away getting taken off the waiting list, then still mc'ing say not long after could you put yourself through another 3+ month wait back on the list worrying about weather your pg or not and mc'ing every month, sorry if this is sounding wrong huni, but this is what I would do, and no way am I telling you what to do, its your choice to make. But I would get sorted then go from there. Hope you get a beautiful sticky :bfp: soon hun xx

Hiya lovely.....

When I had my lap booked last year I took the month off, I was exactly the same as you, because I had 2 m/c I was so worried its awful your damned if you do and damned if you don't...But for me the best thing was to take that month off...:hug:x x x x x x x

:hugs: I dont normally come in here hun, I like you have so far had 2 mc's so know how scared you feel about getting pregnant and mc'ing again. I would say if you have a high chance of mc'ing again go through the doctors and get yourself sorted huni, then once you have the all clear from them I would ttc again then, cos you dont need the heartache of another mc im sure. I assume it's nhs your going through could you risk getting pg not mc'ing straight away getting taken off the waiting list, then still mc'ing say not long after could you put yourself through another 3+ month wait back on the list worrying about weather your pg or not and mc'ing every month, sorry if this is sounding wrong huni, but this is what I would do, and no way am I telling you what to do, its your choice to make. But I would get sorted then go from there. Hope you get a beautiful sticky :bfp: soon hun xx

Yes, I think you are right. I should just take it off. I hate taking a month off tho...like it feels good, but then in the back of my head I think..."this could have been the month"...but, I really know it won't be. Three m/c in a row is pretty clear there is something wrong.

Yes, I think you are right. I should just take it off. I hate taking a month off tho...like it feels good, but then in the back of my head I think..."this could have been the month"...but, I really know it won't be. Three m/c in a row is pretty clear there is something wrong.

I really hope you get sorted soon huni and get your well deserved sticky :bfp: xx

You have to weigh up the pros and cons. If you were to get pregnant this month in the back of your head you'd be stressed out about losing it. If you didn't even try there is no chance of that worry being prevalent in your mind. You get to have your tests, gain some peace of mind and then you can start trying when you are informed, rather than going in blind and being concerned.

One months, after all this time, is not too much to ask of yourself.

Hey Jasmak

Although in LTTC i'm not in the same situation as you but i understand your concerns re another miscarriage and further wait.

What about putting it off for a month, get your body nice and health and sorted and then start trying straight after? I'm right in thinking your chances of pregnancy are increased afterwards aren't i? Waiting until after could help make sure your little home for the bean is super healthy and then it will be snuggled in tight. Good luck hun :hugs:

JAS- I dont have any advice, but wanted to send :hug: your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->