Should I wait until after 1st trimester to work out?

Emelia1026

Reaction score
Before we knew we were pregnant we got an elliptical and just got it all set up. I am not overweight but I didn't work out before, I only go walking in the warmer months. Should I wait until we are in the "clear" before I start working out? I just don't want to lose the little booger! I am 4 weeks.

No!!! You are less likely to lose it if you are doing some light exercises. Since you were not very active before getting pregnant, start slow and easy. Your elliptical will be perfect for this. Talk to your doctor for more guidance.

You can continue to do what you are use to but dont anything to it if it causes you to be out of breath.

I am just over 4 weeks and continue to walk (that's about all I could do with my back) but not do anything strenuous! :)

I work at a group home so when we take them to the YMCA I will jump on a treadmill and walk and at home take it easy on the elliptical. I just remember a girl is HS who would just run all of the time when she found out she was prego and intentionally lost it, I didn't know if light exercise could do the same. Thank you ladies!

I work at a group home so when we take them to the YMCA I will jump on a treadmill and walk and at home take it easy on the elliptical. I just remember a girl is HS who would just run all of the time when she found out she was prego and intentionally lost it, I didn't know if light exercise could do the same. Thank you ladies!

There's a large chance that she lost it due to chromosomal abnormalities. 70% of miscarriages are due to this, and therefore are completely unpreventable. It's a bit of an old wives tale that exercise will cause an abortion, and it's likely that it has more to do with overheating, dehydration, and too high of a heart rate for too long.

If she wasn't running before the baby and ran or a fast jog yes the can rupture you uterus or cause you to miscarry but if you running before it's fine.

Mild exercise would be fine .. I think walking is the best option though ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->