Should my positive line be getting darker?

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
I should be about 4-5 weeks pregnant .. I think I was about 7 weeks when I found out with my first... When I took my first test my test line was nearly as dark as the control line..

This time around my first test on Monday was very faint ... 4 tests later, spread over this week, the test line has got darker, but no where near as dark as the control line...

Should I be worried? Could this mean hCG levels aren't rising properly? Kinda worried ... And I'm so rubbish at being patient and waiting to find out if everything is okay! Driving myself crazy already!

:flower:

Hello you! Congratulations! I think just be patient and wait and see is all you can do. My lines were never particularly dark ever to be honest..and I'm now 20 weeks!
Try not to worry :)

Hello you! Congratulations! I think just be patient and wait and see is all you can do. My lines were never particularly dark ever to be honest..and I'm now 20 weeks!
Try not to worry :)

Thanks Hun :)

Mine started out light at 3.5-4 weeks, got darker from 5-6, and have recently lightened a bit again. I would say don't worry too much because tests aren't always the best indicator of how pregnant you are due to different amounts of dye in them, dilution of your urine, etc. I was worried at first about mine being lighter, but I think I just need to stop testing (and it might be the hook effect for me...I hope!) Are you having a scan at 6 or 8 weeks?

Mine started out light at 3.5-4 weeks, got darker from 5-6, and have recently lightened a bit again. I would say don't worry too much because tests aren't always the best indicator of how pregnant you are due to different amounts of dye in them, dilution of your urine, etc. I was worried at first about mine being lighter, but I think I just need to stop testing (and it might be the hook effect for me...I hope!) Are you having a scan at 6 or 8 weeks?

Thanks for your reply! Well it's not routine for me to have a scan at those times but I was considering having one at about 7-8 weeks just for some reassurance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->