should we or shouldn't we?

Tacey

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to all this, but I can't stop thinking about babies at the moment. I've been keen to have a baby for about as long as I can remember, but I got married last year to my boyfriend of 4 years so it is starting to seem more realistic.

I'm 24 and I have been teaching full time for nearly a year now. My husband earns about the same as me, which isn't loads,but we do ok. My logical side is telling me that I should get at least another year of teaching under my belt and perhaps even buy a house before we try to conceive, but all my emotions are crying out to start a family now. Husband is uncertain, he's the same age as me, but he doesn't know much about kids and he worries that he's not ready and that he won't be a good enough dad (I have no doubt that he'll be great - it's just getting him to think that too!).

I really don't know what to do. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do?

Welcome :hi:
I was in the same position a little while ago. What I have learned though is some things just take time. I don't really have any advice other than that for you unfortunately

Its such a hard decision and only one you can both make!

Im sure what ever decision you make it will be the right one.....

Good Luck hun:hug:

It is a difficult decision to make! It doesn't help that no matter how ready you think you are, there is just no way to ever be 100% ready for a baby. I think it's one of those things that sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling. Of course you want to make sure you can handle the responsibilities of being a parent, as well as the financial aspect of it. The best thing to do is to discuss it with your hubby, and try to agree upon a timeline. You will figure it out and make the right decision!

Good luck! :hugs:

I think Jewels is right if we all waited for that perfect moment we all still be here on the waiting board in 50 years time. Have you thought about maybe just stopping contraception and seeing what happens???

Keep us posted

:hug:

Kerry

All i can say in my case if i waited til things where right and i had enought money i would be 99 years old. Im not saying rush but dont panic if everything isnt exact as it will probably never be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->