Shoulder tip pain?

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Ok so I'm 8 weeks along, and tonight(after roughhousing with my 2yr old) I have slight shoulder tip pain (on my right side). It's not severe in anyway but just kinda nagging. I'm a little worried about it...but it's almost 8pm, and I'm exhausted and really don't want to go to the ER to check it (I know I know)! I can feel the pain in my back, and down my arm slightly. Should I be concerned? I haven't had any other issues, like bleeding, or severe cramping. Just not sure if this is normal though? My DH isn't home from work yet, and tbh I'm a little worried. What do you ladies think I should do?? Should I be worried? Or am I being paranoid again?

Have you had your first scan yet? I know shoulder pain can be a sign of an ectopic....HOWEVER, it sounds like you just pulled something if you were horsing around with your son. <3
I have had pain on and off when moving my arm, but I know it has nothing to do with the pregnancy. I don't know what I did, but it's not worrying me that much.....I was for a while when was afraid I'd have to go in for an xray, but that's all.
Put some heat on it and rest. Sleep on your left side tonight. :)

I agree with KahluaCupcake. Probably just another dull ache/pain that comes with pregnancy. I always thought cramps, aches, pain would be your belly or lower abdomen. A pregnancy related part of the body! But, waking up every day to crampy legs proved me wrong.

When pregnant it's a bit easier to get injured or pull something out of alignment because our muscles are in a relaxed state from the hormones. If the pain doesn't go away I'd suggest going to see a chiropractor. I do get out of alignment more often I'm realizing, and I do see a chiropractor regularly, but things often resolve on their own and move back into place. It'll probably get better on its' own, give it a few days... unless you're in serious pain.

I was thinking the same thing about possible etopic. But if youve had your first scan already also like the above probably just from messing around.

Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate you all so much! I haven't had my first ultrasound yet, as its booked for the beginning of Dec. A week ago had mild pain in my side and the doctor checked by pushing on the area, and said she has no concerns of ectopic. As for my shoulder tip pain I think its muscular. If the pain gets worse I will for sure go to the ER.

i got told when i had shoulder tip pain that if you take some paracetemol and apply heat to the area if the pain goes away it is not eptopic, this is what i do when i get it and with in 30 mins its gone, however, if you do try this and it doesnt go away, please dont assume the worst, if its not sever and you have had no other symptoms its more than likly nothing to worry about!! if you are concerned though, go and get checked.

xx

Thankyou:) I don't have any other symptoms...but if I develop anymore pain I will get checked. The shoulder pain is pretty much gone...well only there a tiny bit. Thanks again for your input!!! Xx

Just as a side note... I have had shoulder pain in my left shoulder on and off all through this pregnancy, sometimes it has been agony! The cause... wind!! Some gaviscon and a good burp clears it :D

I had severe should pains a few weeks back after I went for a light jog (when I was 4 weeks pregnant). I was SO WORRIED and even convinced myself that I was m/c'ing because I had the same pain back in June when I m/c'ed at 5 weeks. The pain lasted a couple of days and it hurt a lot whenever I moved my arm.

Then at the 8 weeks scan, we saw our baby with a healthy heartbeat =) I guess I just stressed my shoulder out when I was jogging. (I stopped jogging after that!)

I am sure you just pulled a muscle when you were playing ~~

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt10fcc1.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"