Show me your paper chains/decorations - and tips for making them?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
I'm not crafty in the slightest but this year I need to create the magical grotto effect with as little money as possible! I'd planned to buy fabric bunting to hang around the top of the walls or across the ceiling, but now I'm thinking paper chains will be better budget option - I've found a pack for £5 which makes 10m of chains (there are cheaper packs but this is lovely double sided paper and are all cut loose and have adhesive ends, so easy peasy to make). Two packs would be enough to hang all around the edges of the room, or criss-cross over the ceiling. And maybe a few extra bits for elsewhere. Any tips on the best way to hang them, or which way looks better?

I'm also planning to have some paper snowflakes or similar hanging from curtain poles, light fittings etc (on second thoughts...is that a fire risk?!). But I can't actually find many to buy so looks like I might be making them, and as I said, I'm not crafty at all! So I'm worried it'll all look a bit naff if I do them myself. Not that DS would care of course, he's still too young to help make them but I'm sure in years to come he'd love making them with me!

Does anyone have any photos of their paper decorations that I can use for inspiration?

I'm imagining something beautiful like Buddy makes in Elf, but in reality it'll probably end up more like an explosion in a paper factory! :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"