Showering & day to day things!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok Im becoming rather stuck!

In the morning/early afternoon I find myself not getting anywhere. When Im ready for a shower most time Caitlin decides to be awake - not nice awake but whinging/sobbing so I can't just leave her be because Stu is in bed so Im trying to keep noise levels down on that score which is what is becoming impossible not only that surely she will start to learn every wimper/sob = attention/picked up because if I/we don't she goes off on one! This comes down to things like trying to do dishes, getting ready to go out, doing her bottles, washing, house work an so on an so on! I'm getting nowhere most days.

I pop on and off the PC when I'm seeing if shes staying settled and before I get to destination shes off ha!

When you shower - need to get on with day to day things how are you working it? I've just taken her up to the bathrom with me for first time which is starting to make me think maybe I should get an extra bouncer chair?!

Most days I don't manage to get much done either! Aaron doesn't seem to sleep much during the day unless we go out or there are lots of people around, which is really annoying as I'd far rather he was awake then and slept while I'm home alone! :dohh:

When I want to have a bath, I usually take him into the bathroom with me in his bouncing chair. That way if he starts crying I can see what is the matter and reach over to pop the dummy in if necessary. :baby:

Aaron gets really bad wind and is sick a lot at the moment, so when he is awake he often screams unless he is held upright. Computers I can do one-handed but the housework isn't quite so easy! He does tend to snooze for 5-10 minutes after feeding, and will sometimes sit in his chair or lie on the playmat happily for 15 minutes, so I'm trying to get everything done then. I've also got a sling, which he will fall asleep in sometimes, so at least I have two hands free.

Sorry that doesn't help much, just wanted to say I know the feeling! :hugs:

Caitlin was sick LOADS on SMA! Changed her to cow & gate 1 then recently tried cow & gate 2 which reminds me of another question.

Your right about them falling asleep when people are about shes dozed off on people when they come to see her lol

15 mins isn't long is it though but they get bored at this age since theres not much they can do like grab things/play with toy bars etc

I had a short period like that with Frankie - Its hard to get round it sometimes isn't it? - I used to carry Frankie round with me in her car seat and do things, including washing up, on the laptop whilst rocking the seat with my foot.
-It was handy as when she'd first start to stir I could rock her back to sleep ....I would take her in the bathroom in the carseat whilst I showered too.
Sometimes when she's whingy now when I want a shower I put her in the cot with the mobile on, she seems to like that.

Wobbles do you have a playgym? If so have you tried leaving her under that?

Defo hard - its more hard that Im trying to keep the n oise levels down so Stu gets enough sleep as he sits up late even before she was born so because shes mainly feeding every 3 hours he is Dad in night Im Mum in day which is good for us both other than then I feel paniced because I'm always on pins trying to keep noise levels down you know? :dohh: He says he does it for me but I'd rather he didn't tbh it has to be 'real'. Not slagging him off but its making me wonder how much she will get use to getting that attention in 5 seconds for the future really! If you see what I mean?! - could cause ourselves more choas than needed.

Pain taking her and bouncer up so Im thinking of another ....

Cot as well - seriously considering another cot. Think I made mistake on the graco although its really good and quilted I put her mobile on and it doen't attach properly! DOH!

Wobbles do you have a playgym? If so have you tried leaving her under that?
She has a big play mat!
https://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:vlElS_aaBZRpFM:https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/7594827%3F%24large_img%24

& play gym
https://www.boots.com/images/product/1076634/hero.jpg

BUTTTTT I don't trust leaving her under any of them because of my cat! Plus its the attention she pays at the moment - runs out quick!

Lily is still in her sleepy stage but I worry about when she is awake more in the day I think getting some sort of entertainment that stays in the bathroom is a good idea might nick that lol.

My OH is worried about me picking Lily up at the slightest whimper thinks it will cause more harm than good in the long run. :( Im like you I try to keep the noise down at night as OH has work at 5am and as soon as she starts to whimper I pick her up as I know shes hungry and try to avoid the big scream lol

xx

wobbles how about a carrier, a sling or carry pack. that way you can get stuff done and shes moving. obviously there are somethings you cant do with her on you but some stuff im sure you could get done with it.

Your problems sound so similar to mine lol, not trying to sound like a know it all but wait til shes a bit older if you think it's hard now. Bethanie traps me in the shower! :rofl:

We used to sit her in Bumbo or her rocker and she'd play quite happily whilst we were in the shower/bath (we'd put this over her: https://www.haggul.com/ProdImage/50\441703.jpg ).

i hope im not out of line asking this.. but why is stu up late? does he need to be? i know how hard it is with a partner on "nightshift"

i literally felt a single parent!

have u tried pushing her about in pram(in house) to sleep? xxx

Adam is a whingey baby, if hes not whingeing then hes crying. i cant let it stop me coz of the other kids, so as long as hes feed, changed warm etc then while i have a shower, get dressed and do hair and make up i let him whinge, hes in his chair in the room with me so i talk to him and stroke his face etc all teh time but i wont pick him up untill i have finsihed getting ready.

Its the same with teh washing, cleaning and cooking, normaly if he is that bad i will tae him out for a walk, he goes off stright away in his pram and will stay asleep a good hour after he get home so i rush to get things done then.
If for any reason hes awake and whingey then i put him in the sling to get things done.

x

i hope im not out of line asking this.. but why is stu up late? does he need to be? i know how hard it is with a partner on "nightshift"

i literally felt a single parent!

have u tried pushing her about in pram(in house) to sleep? xxx

Stu was always a night person main reason is business. Websites that are altered, updated and so on is usually best when the traffic is slower which is AM hours - in BabyandBumps case its getting harder lol ... doesn't ever have a slow period any more :dohh: but as we both work from home this became convenient that we both had our sleep as she was feeding every 3 hours. Shes starting to get routine *yay* but not always atm. So in short I get my sleep at night Stu gets his sleep morning/early afternoon (although always was about same when she wasn't he for reasons above). Which we're both greatful for & I know not many couples have this option so I'm lucky also.

However I insist SHHHHH isn't needed Stu insists it is and he does it for me thinking that it should be like that so I can sleep ... so kinda hopes I would for him ... But Im starting to worry these times are going to bite in ass because shes not left shes constantly paid attention to if shes whinging - Example: she is in her bouncer and Stu has his foot on it rocking her up & down she goes sound asleep BUT stop that bouncer shes screechs until Stu bounces her again!

I get anxiety when she cries I feel so helpless so he tends to take over but I know somewhere somehow something has to give or it will be JUST for attention & no running tears.

sssh time dont exist in this house(im not trying to bring u down hun, im just trying to tell u my situ :)) if darren dont sleep through it.. tough shit kinda thing :blush:

tho the kids can be swinging off the ceiling and hell sleep through it! bcos hes used to it, let her cry hun.. i know u say its an anxiety thing, but she needs to realise a lil whimper isnt gonna result in picking up..

i know how hard it is! (callum is slowly being weaned off dummy) and yes.. it is easier to give in! i know that!

i cant tell u what to do, but i am here hun :hugs: u no im always about!!! xxx

we never had shifts, even when colin was going to work every day and i was on maternity leave. we all went to bed at night with rhys in his moses basket on my side of the bed. i would do all the feeding/changing etc and most of the time colin slept through it. if the crying did wake colin up, tough shit lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->