Siatica during preg?

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
Anyone had/got this? what does it feel like?

xxxxxxxxxxx

I do

It's like shooting pains at the bottom of your back sort of splitting to travel through your bum and down your legs... OK that was a rubbish explanation but it bloody hurts!

What are your symptoms? If you think you have it explain them to your midwife. I've been referred for physio and although that hurts too it's helping!

HTH x

not sure if i get it hun do get a shooting pain sometimes down the back and outside of my leg but my main pain is SPD so not sure really sorry couldnt help more x

if you haven't had sciatica before, chances are it's SPD/PGP (symphysis pubis dysfunction / pelvic girdle pain)

"PGP is often misdiagnosed as sciatica. Only a few women, just one per cent, have sciatica during pregnancy. We now know that most lower back or leg pain in pregnancy is PGP (Ostgaard et al 1994). "

great article with some tips to help

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

I find swinging my arms while I walk helps the pain in my hip, and keeping my legs together as much as possible seems to help with the pain in my pelvis - not 100% but better...

Thanks for replying girls... i have had siatica before when i was carrying more weight pre preg... i just wanted to see what you girls experienced during preg. It starts in my left buttock/hip and shoots down my outside thigh, into my knee then down left side of my calf into my ankle (where i feel the most discomfort) and down into my toes... i think its started up again cause of the weight plus the way im having to sleep on my left hand side. I have allready been seeing a physio for spd/immobile hip due to my pregnancy but i havent been back for about 6 weeks cause other problems arised during my pregnancy. Just i also have a blood disorder so i am asked to watch out for any calf pain and report it, this started and i really dont want to speak to the hosp about it as they will send me for dvt tests and put me on high dose blood thinners just incase til the tests come back and it does a lot more harm than good being on a lot of the thinners rather than my low daily dose. I definately think its the siatica coming back, just wanted to check symptoms :) thankyou soo much xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you get the help you need and feel loads better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->