Sibling rivalry

Wriggler

Reaction score
My sister and I are very close in age and she always gets competitive over what I do. An example- when I got married she criticised how much my oh and I were spending and said she thought it was a waste of money etc and didn't even come out for drinks the night before. I bit my lip at time thinking it was jealousy, Esp as she has not been with her fella for long. She has made no secret of fact she wants a baby but her partner has said no. Now whenever I mention something about my pregnancy she responds like she's the expert and that I don't know anything! I know she wants a baby but it feels like I'm the bad guy- she doesn't even text to ask how I'm doing. I've tried limitingmy excitement so she doesn't think Im a pregnancy bore, but what else can I do? Why can't she just be happy for me?

Ahh that's a shame. Sounds like she's got a few issues going on there. Hope she can find it in her to be happy for you soon. Maybe she's still digesting the news? Maybe when baby arrives it will change your relationship with her for the better. I've heard this a lot.

Just bear in mind its hard to be happy for someone who has the very thing you crave but cannot have, shes probably a little jealous and if she really wants a baby then of course she will feel a little like this, try to be kind x

My sis has been trying to get pregnant since her mc last january with no luck, i know she loves me and is happy for me but those feelings of jealousy are there, i already have one childand she has none,it does seem so unfair imagine yourself in her place?

Just involve her as much as she wants to be invoved and stop talking when you think shes reached her limit, she will come around as your pregnancy progresses and you may even become closer if you give it time, you shouldn't have to pretend your not excieted but you should consider that maybe shes finding it hard and just needs time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->