Sick all the time?

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
Does this just come with the territory or is something going on with Preston? He has been sick almost nonstop the past 1.5-2mo, he will get better then get sick again. He hasn't gone one full week without getting sick again since it started. Luckily it's been nothing major, he had a sinus infection..that's the only one we had diagnosed, otherwise it's been colds/viruses but luckily hasn't gotten really bad...one thing we are really worried about because of his lungs. I really wanted to take him and the big boys to see Santa but once again he's sick, I've been trying to wait until he's been well at least 3 days to go but he always ends up sick again before we can go :( Poor little man...just want him to feel better...and STAY better

This is Anya's first winter at home and she has been ill since October. Constantly stuffed up with the cold, bronchiolitis, coughing, spluttering, viruses, etc. It's been awful, but thankfully not needed to be admitted to hospital. She is really bad just now. Fingers crossed they better for Santa coming. :( xx

with Ellie she is ill at least once a month whether it be a cold a virus or infection etc but Elle was prem too and still has medical probs and one is blood probs and iron levels so this is why she gets ill alot, take the LO to the drs and get a blood test done xx

Since Holly started nursery in April she has constantly had a runny nose, with it being worse at various stages. We came home yesterday from a 3 night stay at sick kids due to her having RSV and needing some oxygen. The consultants said this has been an awful year because they have had high cases of things like RSV in spring when usually it dies out and this winter all the beds have been full. They had 2 wards full of RSV babies.

Although your older kids are probably not showing symptoms they are probably spreading a lot of germs but unfortunately there isn't much we can do except pray it never turns into anything too serious until they have built up a better immune system.

Yeah that's a good point, my older 2 are in school all day and Hayden is in school 2 days a week so who knows what they're bringing home. We try and wash hands constantly and they aren't getting sick but poor Preston is catching everything. We've had to go to the ER to test for RSV twice so far, luckily both have been negative. Really hoping we can avoid it all winter.

Hope Holly is feeling better!

what about some vitamin c or multi vitamins see if that helps x

We have never done baby vitamins...would just the regular poly vi sol or whatever they are have vitamin C?

did the little one not get sent home with any meds, you can buy abidec, thats what Ellie was prescribed xx

No luckily he isn't on any meds right now. He wasn't very early, in fact he would have been considered full term (37+3) had he not been so sick. They said since he was induced (due to high blood pressure), was on the cusp of full term but very sick and premature lungs they class him as a preemie. But once he turned the corner and got better he got better pretty quickly and was healthy when leaving the hospital. Our pediatrician sucks so she is really no help, one visit she said him turning purple and blue was normal and his issues at birth were over "it's been 2mo now those were newborn issues" (NOT what the NICU said) and then the next appt I brought it up again and she didn't remember it from last time and said it was NOT normal. We really need a new dr. But she's no help with anything really, she says treat him like any other baby, let him ride out sickness but every other dr we've spoke to said not to do that with him because of his history.

Mommy I'd go with the NICU, 2m is not long! Eilidh (9m old, 32 weeker) has had one lurgy after another, same with her 2 year old sister (33 weeker) both have cough and runny noses. Eilidhs just recovering from RSV, nebuliser at home for 2 weeks and dreading the next round of bugs. Its definately down to the older ones at school, our pedi said it was the older 2 bringing it home and while their immune systems were better it hit the younger 2 hard.

No luckily he isn't on any meds right now. He wasn't very early, in fact he would have been considered full term (37+3) had he not been so sick. They said since he was induced (due to high blood pressure), was on the cusp of full term but very sick and premature lungs they class him as a preemie. But once he turned the corner and got better he got better pretty quickly and was healthy when leaving the hospital. Our pediatrician sucks so she is really no help, one visit she said him turning purple and blue was normal and his issues at birth were over "it's been 2mo now those were newborn issues" (NOT what the NICU said) and then the next appt I brought it up again and she didn't remember it from last time and said it was NOT normal. We really need a new dr. But she's no help with anything really, she says treat him like any other baby, let him ride out sickness but every other dr we've spoke to said not to do that with him because of his history.

yeah Ellie was early and was very poorly lost her for 10 mins day 3 but our magical medical team got her back and we still have loads of ongoing medical probs but we have a great medical team behind us now, you should ask about a second opinion if you arent happy with things xx

Thanks I'm going to do that, I've been searching for another pediatrician...problem is there aren't many that will take our insurance :( But I'm still looking...I think I might call back up to the hospital he was in and maybe the social worker there will be able to help find a better one?

hi.

my LO Evie was 1 on 22/12/11 and she was recently admitted for one night as her chest infection was so bad she was breathing at a rate of 58 breaths a minute as apposed to 30 (normal. was quite frightening but luckily she got through it but since yesterday has a runny nose again :( just hope it stays at that. the hospital was full of children with viral infections.

I know theyre more likely to catch whats going round but i have friends with healthy full termers who pick ups bugs just as much. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->