Sick

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hi Ladies I hope you can help me.
I have been feeding Jessie SMA gold since birth pretty much (bit of BF for the first week or so) and she has done a few big expolsive sicks. I assumed this was relatively normal as my friend said that her daughter used to projectile vomit too on occasion.
Today I got her the "hungrier baby" SMA as she seems like she still wanted a bottle even after a feed and today gave her a small carton of it when we got in from Tescos. She was very unsettled and seemed like she has belly ache as she was crying constantly and drawing her legs up.
This went on for maybe 1.5-2 hours then she did another big puke but unlike all the other times this smelt like real sick! (TMI maybe). This was what concerned me as none of her other chuck ups have had that vile smell to them, should babies sick really smell like ours? I'm not sure if it was the new hungrier baby milk that did it but obviously I'm going to be very reluctant to try it again to find out.
I feel terrible as when she's hysterically crying she's looking at me like I should be doing something to help and I'm not, it's heartbreaking.
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated girls.

xXx

Hun it sounds like one of two things - either the formula doesn't suit her (could be an allergic reaction or something) or she might have reflux (which it really sounds like)
Try a different formula - but don't switch back and forth. Once you find one that suits stick with it.
Definitely go to the docs though as if it is reflux they can prescribe something for it.
I've tried SMA staydown and I found it pretty damn rubbish!
Keep us posted.
M x

I haven't had that happen with Erica sorry. Hope she feels better!!! Xx

Forgot to say - try Dr. Brown's bottles, because reflux babies tend to hold on to wind and these help baby ingest less of it.

Hungrier baby milks can b a bit too rch for some babies, so maybe it is that. My friends a midwife, and she says aptimal milk is the best by far (think i've spelt it wrong)

Hello.
We went out on a big day out today on the ferry to mainland and had about 12 hours out so i bought some of those ready to feed cartons. I didnt notice until i was about to feed her that it was the hungrier baby stuff (heinz one though) She spit up a little but no projectile but she is on anti sickness meds too 3 times a day but she is the most settled i have ever seen her!! she is usually constantly hungry and snacks a lot either breast or bottle and has slept for 4 hours between feeds!
They do say only to use them on recommendation from a dr/midwife etc but apparantly they are good for reflux babies. I got the heinz one because it was lower in lactose content.

Saying that also though we have been using that expensive colief for 2 days so maybe thats doing the trick?

Try a diff brand maybe?
Tabs is on breast and also cow and gate comfort 1 at home.
xxxxx

I changed caitlyn's formula and she was sick for a day or two, projectile vomit with lots of curdled milk in it. My HV just said it was her stomach adjusting to the change in milk. Stick with it for a day or so and see if she gets any better. It may be that her stomach isn't ready for it yet.

xxx:hugs:

when i had maddy we put her on to hungry baby food and exactly the same thing happened, it resulted in her getting an intolerance and we had to swap her to green cap soya milk, she wasnt well after at all...the doc said that the food is very strong and should be used for babies that cannot settle at all after guzzling loads!!

h x

Hi Ladies I hope you can help me.
I have been feeding Jessie SMA gold since birth pretty much (bit of BF for the first week or so) and she has done a few big expolsive sicks. I assumed this was relatively normal as my friend said that her daughter used to projectile vomit too on occasion.
Today I got her the "hungrier baby" SMA as she seems like she still wanted a bottle even after a feed and today gave her a small carton of it when we got in from Tescos. She was very unsettled and seemed like she has belly ache as she was crying constantly and drawing her legs up.
This went on for maybe 1.5-2 hours then she did another big puke but unlike all the other times this smelt like real sick! (TMI maybe). This was what concerned me as none of her other chuck ups have had that vile smell to them, should babies sick really smell like ours? I'm not sure if it was the new hungrier baby milk that did it but obviously I'm going to be very reluctant to try it again to find out.
I feel terrible as when she's hysterically crying she's looking at me like I should be doing something to help and I'm not, it's heartbreaking.
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated girls.

xXx
Sounds like Caitlin EXACTLY how she was and the sick was madness over her me he moses basket LOADS of legs in the air! I had the out of hours doctor out the lot (posted on here) - I changed her milk! Shes alway sbeen a sicky baby even to this day but after changing from SMA gold it settled so much (was exploding sick outside of her moses basket).

x

aww poor little thing. Oscar has SMA gold and to be honest we havent had any problems with it. We did trythe white twice (he's a hungry boy) and it made him very ill, so we decided to give that one a miss.

[/quote]
Sounds like Caitlin EXACTLY how she was and the sick was madness over her me he moses basket LOADS of legs in the air! I had the out of hours doctor out the lot (posted on here) - I changed her milk! Shes alway sbeen a sicky baby even to this day but after changing from SMA gold it settled so much (was exploding sick outside of her moses basket).

x[/QUOTE]

Out of interest what did u change it to? I have been told aptamil is good and to use MAM bottles instead of the avent ones I have. Also have Tommy Tippie closer to nature but she won't take them.

xXx

I tried Oscar on aptamil, he cryed all the time he was on it, cos he was hungry. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->