Sickly pregnancy

Aphy

Reaction score
I am currently 9+5 weeks and haven’t been healthy for a single day of it. Just prior to falling pregnant I was sick with a bad sinus infection which tools weeks, then I had an airway infection and now a stomach bug. It’s literally one illness after the next. Surely this can’t be good for the baby? Obviously there is very little medication I can take so generally I try manage whatever illness I’m sitting with myself and only go for medication when it’s really bad but even then the medication never seems to totally kill off the bug as it just seems to develop into relief next illness.

Has anyone had a similar experience and all is ok with the pregnancy and baby? I’m worried what impact this could have

I am currently 9+5 weeks and haven’t been healthy for a single day of it. Just prior to falling pregnant I was sick with a bad sinus infection which tools weeks, then I had an airway infection and now a stomach bug. It’s literally one illness after the next. Surely this can’t be good for the baby? Obviously there is very little medication I can take so generally I try manage whatever illness I’m sitting with myself and only go for medication when it’s really bad but even then the medication never seems to totally kill off the bug as it just seems to develop into relief next illness.

Has anyone had a similar experience and all is ok with the pregnancy and baby? I’m worried what impact this could have

If you're not running a high fever, not too dehydrated, and you're sure it's nothing like rubella or toxoplasmosis, things that can transmit to the baby, the baby should be okay.

Best solution is to go to a pharmacist (or chemist for you all in the UK) and ask what's safe at your gestation, both for symptoms and that your whatever your doctor diagnoses. They spend a minimum of 4 years JUST on medications, and they cover pregnancy very thoroughly. They also have questions like that many times every day, where your GP or OB-GYN might not. My pharmacist during my first two pregnancies was a godsend. (Plus, his wife had just had a baby, so I got advice AND to see cute baby pics. Charlie is the best.)

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I’m 11 weeks today I’m glad I’m not the only one from feeling sick to being sick and no appetite ! Also my headache have been quite bad like a sinus:brat: infection feeling above my eyes face and for head aweful ! Hope you feel better soon I think it’s just pregnancy symptoms xx

I've been ill from day one on this pregnancy! Boy pregnancies seems to absolutely kill me! From severe morning sickness, now very low iron and I also had a stomach bug in between, hes completely fine in there just make sure you keep your fluids up! I know they say water but I find an isotonic drink makes me feel loads better when ill and pregnant! And there's nothing you can really take, I'd suggest pregnancy vitamins which will help your immune system, they didn't help me but that's the only things I think you can take

Thanks everyone! It’s so frustrating how little we can take to help so all I can do is wait it out and hope it is just a phase

I’ve been the same just feeling generally under the weather! I think I may have UTI aswell so just taken urine sample to the drs. Then tonight I feel like I have a stomach bug coming on! :(
So hard to keep quiet at work aswell as not told my manager yet!

Thanks everyone! It’s so frustrating how little we can take to help so all I can do is wait it out and hope it is just a phase
Also can’t believe how quick it’s gone from you getting your BFP to being 9 weeks!!

Bean85, definitely doesn't feel fast to me :) Stomach bugs are the worst; thats also what I'm currently struggling with. The joys of pregnancy! When do you plan on telling your work etc?

I hope things start to improve soon :hugs:

Thank you!

Sadly it looks like my airway infection from last week is back again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back