Sienna or Jessica?

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
Which do you prefer? Don't take popularity into account as I am in Australia and here Sienna is way more popular than Jessica, but think in the UK its the opposite. Just vote on which one you think sounds better. Thanks!

I prefer Sienna, I think it's more unique but I'm in the UK and know tonnes of Jessica's so that could be why x

Oh its close! Any more votes?

I'm not trying to start something, but to me personally, Sienna seems like a stripper name. I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings!!! I'm in the us though so it's likely a very different association. I do like bth names actually, Sienna making me personally think of the color.

If your country doesn't have that association with S, I'd go for that!

I'm not trying to start something, but to me personally, Sienna seems like a stripper name. I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings!!! I'm in the us though so it's likely a very different association. I do like bth names actually, Sienna making me personally think of the color.

If your country doesn't have that association with S, I'd go for that!

No feelings hurt! I would rather people be honest than tell me its lovely when they are really thinking "wth is she thinking...poor kid"! I think this is the reason why I am not sure about Sienna, even though I love the way it sounds. Jessica is a classical, safe name. Sienna is very new and could take a wrong turn.

Here in Australia it doesnt have the stripper association (yet!), its been in the top 20 names for the past 5 years so there are a lot of little Siennas. But I am not australian and could easily move back to the UK, or even to the US, or somewhere else in the world, so its good to get an overall perpective!

I asked hubby what comes to mind with the name Sienna and he said Toyota minivan and strippers ;) I like that name but living here, it's got that odd association along with Candy, Mandy, Roxy, Brandy (of course those are "y" names)

Jessica is a good solid name :) but again if Sienna is top ten in your area then it is obviously lovely !!!

When I told my aunt and uncle (who live in Brazil) about Sienna, they said "We thought you were having a baby, not getting a new car!" :dohh: Damn Toyota and Fiat!

I like Jessica personally I think you can't go wrong with the name Jessica anywhere in the world x.

Jessica is such a beautiful name :) I think it sounds lovely with Sophia too x

Sorry I think I just tied it up again! LOL As a Jessica, I've honestly never been a fan of my name so I had to vote for Sienna. But then again, it's probably because it was THE #1 popular name in the US the year I was born and ALWAYS had another Jessica in all of my classes in school. In college alone, I had 4 Jessica's on my floor of my dorm so I'm probably biased! LOL But if Sienna (which I think is beautiful btw) is as popular name where you are, your daughter may have the same experience as I did! So now I'm not so sure! LOL Good Luck with your choice. :thumbup:

Thanks girls! When I started the thread I was leaning heavily towards sienna but now we are 99% sure we will be naming her Jessica. As some of you said Jessica is an international name that will work in most countries, whereas sienna may give her problems if we move, and if we stay in Australia she will have a few in her class.

Thank you all for helping me name my baby! If it wasn't for this thread she'd still be a sienna!

I love sienna I've suggested it in both pregnancies but my oh still refuses x

Sienna gets my vote, but its my daughters name so i'm biased! We have only come across one other Sienna since she was born x

Thanks all! Any more votes? I've gone back to being undecided, I just cant let go of Sienna :( My dh on the other hand likes Jessica much more.

I prefer Jessica :) My friends little girl is called Jessie, I love it :)

I love Sienna, it was our second choice. For me I find Jessica a little plain. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->