Sienna?

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
I found out that we were having a girl at 14 weeks which was confirmed by genetic testing at 16 weeks, so i've had nearly 3 months to think of a name and nothing was feeling right. I actually sat down and went through a list of 1000(!) girl names and nothing. Well, a couple of weeks ago suddenly i felt that her name is Sienna. I cant explain it but it just feels right. My dh doesnt love it, but he doesnt love any names so he agreed to let me chose the 1st name and he'll pick the middle. The thing is, the few people I have told havent had good reactions to the name...I know I shouldnt care but I dont want my daughter having a name that other people think is ugly.

So I guess I am just looking for opinions. If my dh loved it too it would be easier, but since its just me liking the name I am having some doubt. So, honestly, what do you think of Sienna?

I don't think it's ugly, it's a lovely name! I say go for it.

I love the name Sienna, I think its very pretty and would suite a baby and an adult alike. If I didnt already have three children beginning with 'S' then it'd deffo be a contender for us. :thumbup:

I think it's beautiful. It's on our list. I think it might carry a different cache' in different countries or social circles. My fear is that it walks that fine line between a name that's at first elegant and sophisticated, but then is somehow taken over by, well, a different class of people. I don't want to say anything here at the risk of offending anyone... and anyway that's just my thought. I like that the name sounds beautiful to me but gives me an earthy vibe (rich brown, like the color of the earth, solid, stable, grounded). My two cents.

Thanks ladies, I was starting to think I was crazy for liking the name. Was definitely expecting some negative comments!
Zooma I completely understand what you mean about the name being picked up by a different class if people. I guess bbecause it's quite a new name it could take a wrong turn!

I think Sienna is beautiful. People always say awful things about baby names before they are born. They soon change their tune once baby has arrived!

According to my family when I was pregnant naming a child Oliver was cruel! What can you do :shrug: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->