Signed off work for rest of pregnancy

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had my follow up appointment yesterday for my cervical stitches. Everything seems to be fine, although I have quite a bad urine infection (I'm blaming it on the catheter!)

I saw the registrar instead of my consultant but he was really good and spent lots of time explaining things in more detail to me. He recommended that I stay off work for the rest of the pregnancy and psend as much time resting lying down as possible He also told me that housework was out of the question :happydance:

I'm quite pleased because now I know I can just completely rest and concentrate on keeping Pip in there as long as possible. I've told work I'll go in on Monday to finish a few things off so it's all easy to hand over to my boss and I want to say goodbye to everyone. But then that's it, I've got nearly 4 months of resting up - any ideas on how to keep myself occupied?????????

great that the registrar was so nice and explained everything.

I would get down to your local library and stock up on books! A relaxation CD might be helpful too, if you find yourself getting restless :D

Get some box sets of DVDs? They always help me to relax, just make sure you do relax though as I know when I get told i need time off I seem to be busier sometimes when i'm not at work!

Take it easy and take care

x

Yes, I would learn to meditate, you can do that lying down :D
Knitting? That's traditional. Or get a favourite TV series on DVD. you can get them from the library too.

Cross stitching. the patterns have come a long way since our mother's time.

I'm really glad you are able to do the best thing for you and your baby. :hugs:
No housework - bonus!!!! :happydance:
Maybe you could make some Christmas cards and write them out? Get super organised so you don't have to worry later on...
Whatever you decide, take it easy! xxx

Glad you're resting up, but whatever you do - don't fall into the Jeremy Kyle trap!!!!!

I think resting and giving up work is very good advice:happydance:

To amuse yourself...an abundance of magazines, a lovely pregnancy/baby planner so you can organise everything you want and need to buy/do from the comfort of your bed.....erm spend all day on here with us:blush::blush::blush:

Im glad alls well and they've signed u off!! You defo need this time just read, watch rubbish tv and relax

enjoy your time off, just relax and take it easy hun!! when im off im planning on filling my days with morning tv and just pottering around :)

I've been signed off work too, although I'm still allowed to do housework.....Boo!!!

Apart from that, I fill my days with sorting out bubs clothes etc, making Christmas cards, and cross stitching.....pennysbored is right, some of the patterns you get now are so cute! I am currently stitching a cute Winnie the Pooh pattern which I'll get framed & then hang it in bubs' room!!

Whatever you do, just make sure you get plenty of rest!

xxx

I would personally rent the Shoe Box set of Sex and the City, Heroes all seasons, Desperate Housewives all seasons, loads of chocolate, new pyjamas and have a bloody good well deserved rest!! :cloud9: ENJOY!! xx

Hello fellow bed rester!

I've been lying here today wondering exactly the same thing. How do i pass the time, and not feel like i'm wasting my days?

SOO, i've decided to do an on-line language course, to polish up my French and Spanish. I've always wanted to be fluent ,but am crap at both, so have decided to try to learn again now.
Also thought what can i make that just involved sitting around? So will get my mum to bring me some nice old school hobbies to learn. A bit of knitting (will make a nice big winter scarf, maybe risk baby stuff if i get past the 24 week mark) etc. I'm trying to think of it as a sort of early retirement, but without the bus pass.

Oh, and i've joined I Love Film.com, so will be having new films delivered every day!

I like your thinking! I've got some Italian language books and CD-Roms being delievered today, I knew a bit when I was younger but would like to be more fluent too. Have also gone down the knitting route, but not having done any since I was about 8 I've decided to go for a baby blanket, it can't be that difficult to make a large square thing can it??????? I keep wondering about I Love Film, but we have Sky Movies and have trouble enough keeping up with the films on that - it might change now I'm at home all the time though!

I was signed off for weeks when I was pg with Charlie, and re-discovered the local library. I read dozens of books. I've only managed to read 2 since he was born!! :dohh:

Rest up and enjoy doing nothing hun.:hugs:

REally I should be able to give you some ideas as i've been off work since I was 7 weeks but I can't!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->