SIL clear blue digi ... Help?

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my SIL. We aren't very close but message on Facebook every now and again (she live miles away). When we was visiting my FIL she found out she was pregnant on New Year's Day (wasn't planned pregnancy) with a cheap HPT and that was a light line using afternoon urine. But she took a clear blue digi the next morning and got pregnant 2-3 weeks. How does she work out how far gone she is? I have never used a clear blue digi so I have no idea.

Also she doesn't have 'normal' periods so she doesn't know when her last period was all she knows is she had one in September and might of had one after she doesn't know ...

They aren't to be used as a conclusive view on when she got pregnant. 2-3 indicates a 4-5 week pregnant lady (4-5 weeks since period 2-3 weeks since ovulation). She needs to see her dr and/or MW who will be able to take blood levels and book her in for an early scan

:flow:

When I used a digi it was 4 weeks after the first day of my last period. The digi said 1-2 weeks pregnant (which considering ovulation tends to be two weeks after the period starts that would seem accurate).

If you SIL's digi is saying 2-3 weeks from new years day I guess you could add 2 weeks to this to give you a possible time of her last period (about the 27th November). Therefore she could be 6 weeks pregnant today. Thats me calculating on her being 2 weeks when she took the digi. Of course the test said 2-3 weeks so she could be 7 weeks gone???

Hope this helps lol. If shes in the UK and tells her doc she doesnt know her dates theyll probably send her for an early dating scan

Honestly if she isn't really sure when her last period was there really is no way to know unless she sees a doctor and an ultrasound scan is done as far as I am aware. I had that problem too years back. My periods were all over the place and then my senior year of high school they stopped and I thought I was pregnant. Come to find out that they had stopped for no reason and I wasn't pregnant! Then two years later my period stopped again and the doctors couldn't find pregnancy in blood or in urine so they thought it was the same problem. A few months later when it did finally show up in my blood work it said I was only 6-8 weeks but since I wasn't sure of my last period as to them being really off the charts and irregular they did an ultrasound scan to find out how far along I actually was. When I had the ultrasound it revealed that I was actually 12+1. That test that told her she is 2-3 weeks is just an estimate and can't pinpoint an exact time along she is so honestly the only way I think she could find out is to see her doctor and they should set her up with an ultrasound scan to check. Hope everything works out keep us updated on what she finds out!

2-3 is usually 4-5w pregnant :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->