silent reflux?

xUniquex

Tandem feeding Mum
Reaction score
thanx in advance for taking the time to read this!

My LO has never been settled in his bed/basket/pram.
He's been grunty and snotty since birth (i was told would pass) and now wont sleep unless on my chest/in sling/slightly elevated.

When we do put him down he gets a snotty type substance (often clear sometimes milky looking) running out his nose..he will scream and scream until picked up (and i mean SCREAM)

He has just started to go 6 hours plus between feeds which is worrying me and he also hasnt put on a great deal of weight since his last weigh (by my calculations hes dropped from 50th to 9th centile)

He also coughs as though he has loads of fluid in his mouth sometimes (doesnt really drool) and will often hold his breath or seem to choke on the fluid?

I've suspected for a while that something is wrong,took him docs who said he has a cold and will get over it (she rushed me and didnt listen to anything i siad!)Despite him not having any kind of temp or appearing unwell in himself

What type of gaviscon do you use for silent reflux?does this sound like reflux to you?

It's a special gaviscon called Infant Gaviscon. it's only a feed thickener so it's doesn't work like our gaviscon, just keeps the food and milk down. You can only get it on prescription.

I would go back to the doctors, my friends lil boy (preemie) did the whole holding his breath thing and it was down to reflux too.

Doctors are a pain huh? I took Alex the other week and they could make head or arse of anything. She did in fact, have a tummy bug. :dohh:

thanx for yoru reply!!

I think i may have to just tell her to shut up and listen!!

They are so quick to dismiss everything as a cold or viral at this time of year its frustrating!!!

:dohh:

she handed me a bloody urine sample tube. How the hecklers was i meant to do anything with that?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->