Silly question but...

detterose

Reaction score
When do you need to stop burping a baby after a feed? :wacko:

After a feed now I just sit Aimee up and leave her for a couple of minutes and she generally let's out a little burp! If not, she doesn't need it! The only time I wind her now is after her bedtime bottle as if I don't she's generally sick!!

I stopped properly winding her (like rubbing her back etc) about 6 weeks ago.

Thanks! He is pretty good at bringing them up once I sit him down, but I just thought I had better check before I stopped doing it completely! :D

My HV told me that in some countries parents don't tend to burp their babies at all, which amazed me.

I don't burp Nathan after every feed. I mean, often he falls asleep on me, so then I just put him down. If I burped him then he'd wake up.
If he's wide awake though and doesn't bring up a burp on his own then I'll burp him.

I only really burp my 10.5 month old after her bedtime bottle now as she can get unsettled still if she has a bit of wind, being still in her cot. otherwise her crawling about will bring her wind up so don't bother with her other milk feeds x

I stopped around 6 months when LO was able to sit unaided, as she became pretty efficient at getting her own wind up that way.

I stopped at 6 months after reading that they dont need to be burped once they can sit unaided as they can get it up themselves.
Wish i'd known sooner as i could have stopped 3 months earlier!!

The only times I ever burped Sophie was during night feeds until about 5 weeks old, as she'd wake up 5 minutes later if I didn't. Same with Thomas. Burping babies is something my MIL is obsessed with and has harrassed me almost daily about, even now! It's just something my babies managed on their own, the air just came out when I cuddled them, or they rolled etc.

I stopped about 6 months, after he'd been sitting unaided for a few weeks. It seemed pointless then as he could get it up himself.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It's quite sad that he's not a little baby now. He just takes his bottle and off he goes, no cuddles when feeding now :(

Thanks ladies! I guess daily bottles, I wont bother winding anymore unless he seems to have trouble and just do it with the night bottles :D

Same as other ladies, stopped about 6 months through the day but almost around the same time lo began refusing burped after her bedtime bottle!

If you tried to sit her up for it she would go rigid, fight to get back and get upset till you laid her back down so i gave up, wasnt worth having a fight about last thing and she has never been bothered since!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->