silly question

VickieLP

Reaction score
Do pregnancy tests show as positive all the way through pregnancy? Or should you not test after a certain amount of weeks? eg once placenta has taken over would you still show positive?

You will have a positive urine HCG test the entire pregnancy. The levels will increase until 2-3 months, then they will decrease a bit as the placenta takes over. They will hit a plateau and stay there, then I think you'll hit "0" again within a week or so after delivery.

Thanks for taking the time to answer... wasn't sure my posts were visable as nobody seems to answer!!!
I am so nervous /fretting about first scan tomorrow - Half of me can't wait to see something - The other half scared incase I see nothing....... I Did another test anyway to re-assure myself I am still pregnant... So now just got to see what tomorrow brings... Just 24 hours exactly to wait.... argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

That first scan is so amazing... I'm so jealous that you're 10 weeks at yours, since your baby will actually look human... My scan was at 6 weeks, and I just saw a little speck with a heartbeat. Hehe....

Yeah, it's nerve-wracking, but keep yourself busy with other things until your appointment. You'll be just fine!

These pregnancy test manufacturers must be making a bundle off of us :) I've tested 3 more times since my first BFP just to make sure I wasn't mistaking anything LOL The line just keeps getting darker!

Do pregnancy tests show as positive all the way through pregnancy? Or should you not test after a certain amount of weeks? eg once placenta has taken over would you still show positive?

u will not av positive hpt all way through as i tried i tested at 11 weeks and got nearly a neg test the 2nd line u could just about see. Ur hormones are that high from a certain stage that the tests find it hard to pick up

Thanks for taking the time to answer... wasn't sure my posts were visable as nobody seems to answer!!!
I am so nervous /fretting about first scan tomorrow - Half of me can't wait to see something - The other half scared incase I see nothing....... I Did another test anyway to re-assure myself I am still pregnant... So now just got to see what tomorrow brings... Just 24 hours exactly to wait.... argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Thats me too but im only 7 wks im scared to go to dr incase the baby has disappeared or whatever and the pg test is neg and the dr rings me to say that. Or going for the 12 wk scan and there being nothing there. Im dying to test again. But my fear is what if the line is lighter - its just awful. Ive been sick allday so that shud b a good sign. Im sure its a common worry, good luck for your scan just think how pleased u will be. Have u thought about a doppler theyve got them on sale in amazon and ladies have heard hb from 10 wks. X

Hun I know its hard but u gotta av a bit of faith. I had a scan at 7+3 cus of previous miscarriages we saw little bean and HB and today had my 12 week scan and i was so scared that baby died etc just thinking the worse. It is normal for all of us to worry even when u see ur baby u will still worry.

Thanks everyone..... I have promised myself after scan this evening I am gonna stop worrying so much and start enjoying as know I will look back and be cross with myself for not enjoying my pregnancy - Especially as I have been very lucky and not had any ms or nausea......
Thanks again for your kind words.
Good luck and a H+H nine months to you all........
Will hopefully have some pics to post on... :) x

Your question has already been answered but I wanted to say Good luck for the scan later x

Thank you...... xx It's been a long time coming.... Might actually start believing i'm having a baby!! lol......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->