Silver cross car seat

Swanny

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems fitting this in car? It doesn't have a fixed base, just requires the seat belt to stretch. Stupidly I didn't try seat in car before ordering it but a friend of mine who also has a vauxhall astra said that the seatbelt does not fit round the seat in the back. It fits in the front but then you need to get airbags switched off and inform insurance company etc.

I'm worried now that it won't fit and I've ordered the whole pram system :(

x

hiya we had a friend who had a ford focus and sorry to say it but it didn't fit in there because the seat belts were not long enough.

Has anyone tried it in a vauxhall astra? Can you get a seatbelt extender or anything like that?

x

ive got a MG ZS and the seat only just fits in my car with a bit of jiggling around. i think the seat is a bit bigger than the standard car seat.
Did u get the seat free? if so n it doesnt fit ur car i would just sell it n get a different one as personally i think the car seat clipped on the pushchair part of the pram looks ugly! just my opinion though x

We did get the car seat free but I wanted it to clip onto the pram frame really you know just for quick trips to the shops etc.

Yeah they are notorious for not fitting. Mine didnt fit in our car nor MIL's (ours is oooold and hers is a new jag..) We bought a seatbelt extender off the internet (about £8 I think) and it works a charm. It has all the safety marks so it's fine to use.

Oh great so I could just get the extender. I really wish I had tried it in car or they had at least mentioned it to me!

They won't tell you about it in the shops. Where we had ours they had to fit the seat before you can buy it/take it home. Ours didnt fit, we made a few journeys with different cars and still no! Woman in the shop just said oh maybe you can get a new car.. not all of us can afford that! :lol: So I looked online and saw the extender being recommended, so we bought one.. took it to the shop, she was a bit funny and said we would have to tell the insurance that theres one on there? And she kept on and on, but it has all the safety marks and when MIL shortened the extender the seat was firm in place and wouldn't budge so the woman was then happy to let us have it.. what a fiasco! lol

Apparently it will go in front seat if you push passenger seat forward but then you need to switch air bags off and inform insurance company etc and I dunno how much of a mess about that is.

Oh right, I'm not sure we don't have airbags on the passenger side. I think I feel more comfortable with her in the back anyway, I don't know why.. I suppose it doesn't help that we have a 3 door car (ooh I know it's gonna be a pain in the butt leaning over and trying to get her in lol).

Just been to shop and it fits with plenty of seat belt to spare :) that's one less thing to stress about for now.

Thanks everyone.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->