Simple Gender Reveal Ideas?

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know most won't be finding out the gender until much later, but I'm having the Panorama blood test that looks for chromosome abnormalities in 2 weeks. You can also find out gender with this test so I'll know in less than a month if this bean is a boy or a girl!

Anyway, my family knows and obviously my boyfriend so since I'll get the phone call with the results, I get to spill the beans to everyone! I'd love some cute, but simple ways to announce to announce to them! I really want it to be special since my actual pregnancy announcement was a little lackluster lol.

Thanks! :flower:

You could simply do a picture with holding something of that gender. Or take a picture of a onesie with "Daddy's Little Princess" or "Daddy's Big Guy" kind of thing to show your boyfriend (or have him unwrap it when you see him). You could always take a picture of him holding it up and then share that picture with others as a way of announcing.
You could do the same thing with your parents- like a onesie that says something about Grandma on a blue or pink something.

Another idea, a picture holding little pink or little blue shoes over your bump. Or if you have a dog, put the shoes with the dog and caption it "getting ready for a baby boy/girl."

Balloons: get the right color balloons when you see your boyfriend. Or take a picture of you holding blue or pink balloons.

Loving the onesie idea, especially for my boyfriend and mom!

My brother and his wife know too so I was thinking I could make or buy pink or blue cake or cookies or something.

Thank you!

Loving the onesie idea, especially for my boyfriend and mom!

My brother and his wife know too so I was thinking I could make or buy pink or blue cake or cookies or something.

Thank you!

Cute! They sell those plain white treat boxes for cupcakes/cookies, you could even put one for each person so they open at the same time or something :) Gender revealing is so fun! But with my son, I didn't do anything other than taking a picture of a blue or pink onesie. This time I want to do a little something.

So cool that you're doing the Panorama!

P.S. you shouldn't have trouble finding a onesie saying "daddy" on it, but you may want to scope out ones that have grandma on there as I find them far less frequently. I'm in the U.S. and I know my Carter's store usually has at least one outfit saying "Grandma"

With my daughter I bought a pink bunny (it was around Easter) and had my mom open up a box and anyone else we wanted to share it that way. And then Facebook we took a picture of wooden letters that spelt our daughters name and posted it.

This go around we bought three balloons. One that said It's a boy, and two blue star balloons. Put them in a box and let my parents open them up. Took a picture and posted that on Facebook. With my in laws, DH brought the scans and on the last one it shows the penis and said It's a boy. I know you can't do the last one ^^;; but that is what we did.

the 2 main ones seem to be the coloured balloons in a box or the sponge cake with dye, you can also fill a balloon with coloured confetti then pop it

My family had a "get together" right after we found out the gender, so my cousin made a cake and my mother got to cut the cake to find out what the first grandbaby was. It was very simple and delicious. :haha:

Attachments

• 576243_10200310624671153_14767924_n.jpg
    576243_10200310624671153_14767924_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 8
Not sure if this is for a group or not but how about getting a black balloon for each person. Put a little bit of pink or blue confetti in each balloon and everyone has to pop it at the same time and find the colour inside.

We're going to do this one, I showed my DH several and this was his favorite.

Attachments

• genderannouncement.jpg
    genderannouncement.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to do an outfit/onesie for my mom and boyfriend. Then some kind of cake or cookies in blue or pink for my brother and his family.

Once I announce to everyone else, it will depend on when I decide to announce. I'll be in 2nd tri in a few weeks so I could do Valentine's Day, but I sort of want to wait even longer so I may do a St. Patrick's theme, announcing our little leprechaun, since I'm Irish. Or even an April Fool's Day announcement...too many options!

You all gave great suggestions! Thank you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->