• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

single dad rights

So WHO is the main carer? that is, who every night does the feed? bath times? see to him at night and for breakfast etc?

I think I need more clarification. Who does most of the caring. Does she live with your son? Who puts him to bed, is there when he has a nightmare etc
xx

hey all gona try and keep this short.im a single dad living at my ex partners house all i care about is my son and whats best for him hence why i stayed here coz it was familiar surroundings for him im now thinking about moving back to london where i was from with my son away from his mum just wondering what rights do i have and could i do this any help would be great thanksssss

What a confusing thread!

you said you stay at your ex partners house, but then said its her mums house?

and you said you want to take him away from his mum, but then said his mum doesnt live there? so hes already away from her?

Why dont you just get a flat in the same area? Do you work? surely would be easy to just get an apartment of your own near your job and son?

does your son's mother not want to live with her son? If not then you could probably get a 2 bed and he could stay with you there rather than your ex's mothers house?

Confused.... you say you're the sole carer but then you say the mother does her fair share? Unless the mother is an addict or can be deemed unfit then a court will not allow you to just up and leave with your son and are most likely to give you contact but keep the mother as sole carer.

Very confused there seem to be many contradictions

im a single dad living at my ex partners

First he is living at his ex partners house and then

i live at my ex mothers house and no she does not live there

It's his ex mums house

Rather confusing
xx

Haven't read all the replies and apologise for the lurking ( I was a single mum)

If a father is named on the birth certificate and has sole custody (if the mother lives with the child too then they have joint custody and can't move without her consent) they can move anyway within the country without mother's consent. However when leaving the country for more than a month ( or possibly 6 weeks) they need consent. The rules apply for both mother's and father's.

This is just from the constant battle I've had with my daughter's biological "father" Even though he hasn't seen her for 18 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->