Sinus infection

almosthere

Family of 4!
Reaction score
Hi ladies have any of you ever had a sinus infection when in first tri. I'm pretty confident I do but debating about calling the dr going on week 3 sinus didn't start til week two of the cold it's pretty bad though constant green nasal discharge when blowing molars hurt face hurts on the one side that's bad lots of coughing and sore throat. I'm nervous about taking a antibiotic while in any tri but especially first

Most often sinus infections are caused by a virus and even if there is a minor bacterial infection, they clear up just as quickly on their own without antibiotics. I've had a few absolutely horrible ones since I had my daughter along with an ear infection. Unless you have a fever, it really will go away on its own and there's nothing much a doctor can do. I'd recommend some paracetamol, lots of vitamin C and zinc (which are good during pregnancy anyway) and lots of warm brothy soups and herbal teas (ginger, lemon and honey, like with actual ginger, lemon and honey, not just in a tea bag) work great. It usually does take a few weeks to run its course though.

Thanks for the advice I just keep wanting to cry my naseau came back almost threw up and my head and face and nose is miserable it's so bad drs are closed today anyway can't manage to get myself to urgent care I don't have a fever

I think a nette pot with sterile water would be a good option

I had a sinus infection early on this pregnancy. I used a lot of Essential oils that are safe during pregnancy as well as drank lots of tea with honey and lemon. A humidifier helped at night and I made sure to take my vitamins, especially a little extra vitamin C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->