SIRM - NYC? any opinions and input appreciated.

1stbaby4me

Reaction score
I have an appointment next month for a consultation with Dr. Tortiella (sic). This will be my 3rd try at ivf. Last 2 at different clinic ended in chemicals. I'm 40 in 2 weeks, trying to conceive my first. DH is 36 and his SA before he started supplements was on the low end of normal,

Any opinions on SIRM NYC? I am also considering Dr. Singer at Lenox Hill.

Hi, I too have a consult with Dr. T next month! Ive had one failed ivf and my ivf this cycle turned into an iui due to poor response. Sorry to hear about your chemicals. Ive read lots if great reviews on Dr. T!! Hope we both find success with him.

Hi Beneath! My appointment is dec. 18. Im hoping to get in earlier if there if someone cancels. I hope I like him. When is your appointment?

Hi Beneath! My appointment is dec. 18. Im hoping to get in earlier if there if someone cancels. I hope I like him. When is your appointment?

Mine is December 8th. I made the appointment back in September. He seems to be quite busy!! Hope I like him as well. I will definitely let you in on my opinion.

Beneath, have you tried any acupuncture?

No, I haven't. I was thinking about it, though. Have you?

Not yet but I plan to find someone nrxt week. I will keep you posted.

Thanks! I had looked up some places in the City.

Have you found any place that you're going to check out?

There are so many I've come across. Not sure how to choose really.

Hi Beneath and 1stbaby, just wanted to jump in on the acupuncture conversation. I have been going to the Yinova Center near Union Square in the city. It isn't cheap by any stretch, but they have always taken wonderful care of me and I would highly recommend them for fertility acupuncture. Jill and her husband Noah set up the center and Jill has written books on fertility. Everyone in the center is skilled at acupuncture for fertility, but I found they are looking at you "as a whole" rather than just trying to help you get pregnant, which personally I think is awesome.

Hope you both find a great place to go. There are many in the city I know!

Sending you both tons of :dust: and hope your appointments go well (but for you Beneath I hope you don't need it)

xoxo

Hi Beneath and 1stbaby, just wanted to jump in on the acupuncture conversation. I have been going to the Yinova Center near Union Square in the city. It isn't cheap by any stretch, but they have always taken wonderful care of me and I would highly recommend them for fertility acupuncture. Jill and her husband Noah set up the center and Jill has written books on fertility. Everyone in the center is skilled at acupuncture for fertility, but I found they are looking at you "as a whole" rather than just trying to help you get pregnant, which personally I think is awesome.

Sending you both tons of :dust: and hope your appointments go well (but for you Beneath I hope you don't need it)

xoxo

Hey hun! I actually just came across their website tonight. Would you mind sharing how much they charge a session?

Would be nice if I didnt need the appointment!

Beneath, have you tried any acupuncture?

No, I haven't. I was thinking about it, though. Have you?

Not yet but I plan to find someone nrxt week. I will keep you posted.

Thanks! I had looked up some places in the City.

Have you found any place that you're going to check out?

There are so many I've come across. Not sure how to choose really.

My insurance, ghi, offers discounts for certain ones. Im going to investigate more tomorrow. Maybe your insurance has a discount program. I will keep you posted.

xoxo

Thanks so much for this info. I will check it out more tomorrow. Any more information as to pricing and basically what to expect from the 1st appointment that you can give me is appreciated. I've never done acupuncture before and it kind of makes me nervous. Lol

Hey Ladies, I hope you don't mind my chiming in.

I have used acupuncture with Chinese tea. My acupuncturist name is Irina Logman and she specializes in infertility amongst other things, such as anxiety and depression, all of which I have.

She has locations in Midtown as well as downtown.

I wish you both the best of luck and pray you have your take home babies by 2015.

I took a long hiatus but plan to go back as we are trying naturally for #2.

Hi ladies,

Yinova charges $150 for the initial appointment I believe and then $125 for each appointment thereafter. They take a full history - medical and otherwise - and then you have your first session. The needles don't hurt at all. It is like being pinched in a very minor way. I have even had them in my face when I was suffering with colds over and over again early this fall. They put them in all sorts of different places on your body to do different things. I also really like it when they let me have the eye pillow to help me relax and the silver blanket which keeps me toasty warm in the session. They also have packages you can buy of 5 or 10 sessions which discount the $125 by varying amounts. Again, like I said, it isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination and I bought the 5 package after my initial appointment, but selectively chose how many times I went so that I had enough left over to do a pre and post transfer appointment. Typically they want you to come in every week and then more during stimms and for ER and ET. I think you just have to decide to do what makes you comfortable and I couldn't get in during my stimms at all.

Hope that helps. I know it isn't cheap! :hugs:

Thanks oneof. I will check her out. Btw my birthday is 11/28 too! Hug Avery a happy birthday from me!

Thanks psalms. I guess I will be racking up some airline miles because I might use a credit card to pay for this acupuncture!

Thanks oneof. I will check her out. Btw my birthday is 11/28 too! Hug Avery a happy birthday from me!

Please do check her out, she works with your insurance.

Awww, Happy almost birthday to you too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->