Size 24-26?

Ok ok I'm not suppose to be here lol
I am not pregnant! Haha! But I am a size 24 and am ALL smiles from reading through this thread and what beautiful pregnant ladies you are
HI eRIn!! :)

my friend on here introduced me to this thread to give me a bit of hope since everyone has told me it is basically impossible for me to concieve until I lose 30+ pounds.

Do u mind if I ask. Did you guys have to lose weight to get pregnant or did it just happen for you? I'm going on about 15 months TTC an am having more crying fits than normal hahah wondering If it will ever happen!

Sorry to barge in ;) I know I'm not a part of the club yet. But I appreciate your thread. And much love for you girls :)

My (former) gyn told me that I would have a very hard time getting pregnant at my weight (260ish). So I freaked out and hubs and I started trying sooner than we were planning, because I wanted to be able to have lots of time to pursue fertility treatments. Prior to my gyn appointment and starting to try, I had lost about 20 pounds and then hit a plateau.

And then I got pregnant immediately.

So it's certainly not impossible to get pregnant at a higher weight. Good luck.

Glowbug- as a matter of fact, I GAINED about 25 lbs right before I got pregnant! but I do know that different bodies react differently- so if you haven't tried loosing a bit, maybe give it a shot? It's my theory that it's not the weight gone that does it, it's the boost of confidence we feel! :lol: when I go pregnant with my previous two it was right after loosing a bunch :)

Here's my new bump picture- Me on the right and my girlfriend due in May on the Left :)
27 weeks 4 days
View attachment 178542

that is a fabulous picture ! Soo lovely! Thank you for the advise! I've lost 15 lbss. But can't seem to move down from there!!
Thank you so much for the advise! :)

Awee you sweet girls. I just read all your sweet thoughtful posts to me and I am overwhelmed with hope! :) I will continue trying to lose weight!!
God bless each one of you beautiful women and your sweet babies. I will come back when I get my bfp! Much love. Thank you for everything!

Ok ok I'm not suppose to be here lol
I am not pregnant! Haha! But I am a size 24 and am ALL smiles from reading through this thread and what beautiful pregnant ladies you are
HI eRIn!! :)

my friend on here introduced me to this thread to give me a bit of hope since everyone has told me it is basically impossible for me to concieve until I lose 30+ pounds.

Do u mind if I ask. Did you guys have to lose weight to get pregnant or did it just happen for you? I'm going on about 15 months TTC an am having more crying fits than normal hahah wondering If it will ever happen!

Sorry to barge in ;) I know I'm not a part of the club yet. But I appreciate your thread. And much love for you girls :)

Nope I didn't lose any weight before conceiving and we got preggo the second cycle after coming off the pill.
I got preggo with my ds 15 years ago on the second cycle too though I wasn't as big as I was when I conceived this time.

I've lost weight while being pregnant this time like I said above, but not before.

Hang in there... your time will come! x

I am not sure. :( I'm not size 24-26, but pre-pregnancy I was a size 12, which is considered to be 'plus size'. I might be able to look at the website to see.

All of you ladies have beautiful bumps, btw!!

Same! I was a UK size 12 (US 10) pre-preg, and am just about having to buy size 14 (US 12) clothes now. My pre-preg weight was 10.11 stone (152 pounds). By my NT scan at 12 weeks 5 days, I'd put on 6.6 pounds, and my BMI had gone up to 27.7! Doctor gave me some guilt.

My dr told me she didn't want me to gain any weight through the pregnancy. Easy for her to say, she's 100lbs soaking wet!! She's been satisfied with me so far though, I lost 8lbs last month (I go every 4 weeks) just due to eating better and of course, morning (or in my case, ALL DAY) sickness! Now that I'm eating and keeping everything down I have to keep a closer eye on what I'm eating. :dohh::haha:

Wait - let me get this straight - Your doctor actually told you she didnt want you to gain weight at all through out your pregnancy? Even worse this is the time she encouraged you to lose weight? If it were me - Id be looking for a new doctor. Now is not the time to be "dieting" and it is unreasonable to think you wouldnt gain a pound. You have a baby growing inside of you. Even being severly obese (as I am) my doctor told me that 15-20 lbs would be a resonable amount to gain.

I am not sure. :( I'm not size 24-26, but pre-pregnancy I was a size 12, which is considered to be 'plus size'. I might be able to look at the website to see.

All of you ladies have beautiful bumps, btw!!

Same! I was a UK size 12 (US 10) pre-preg, and am just about having to buy size 14 (US 12) clothes now. My pre-preg weight was 10.11 stone (152 pounds). By my NT scan at 12 weeks 5 days, I'd put on 6.6 pounds, and my BMI had gone up to 27.7! Doctor gave me some guilt.

My dr told me she didn't want me to gain any weight through the pregnancy. Easy for her to say, she's 100lbs soaking wet!! She's been satisfied with me so far though, I lost 8lbs last month (I go every 4 weeks) just due to eating better and of course, morning (or in my case, ALL DAY) sickness! Now that I'm eating and keeping everything down I have to keep a closer eye on what I'm eating. :dohh::haha:

Wait - let me get this straight - Your doctor actually told you she didnt want you to gain weight at all through out your pregnancy? Even worse this is the time she encouraged you to lose weight? If it were me - Id be looking for a new doctor. Now is not the time to be "dieting" and it is unreasonable to think you wouldnt gain a pound. You have a baby growing inside of you. Even being severly obese (as I am) my doctor told me that 15-20 lbs would be a resonable amount to gain.

My thoughts exactly!! What kind of doctor tells a pregnant woman to LOSE weight?! Especially when she isn't that overweight to begin with... I'd get a second opinion.:growlmad:

So I had my gf take a bump shot cause she keeps telling me how she can see a bump, and I walk pregnant now, too. Lol! Here is my 21+2 week pic. Still a "B" bump, but working toward a "D". If I pull my jiggle up in front, it really shows the bump beneath. :haha:

https://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/doll_face28/100_5915.jpg

Love this thread. With my first pregnancy two years ago, I lost weight and got pregnant. I hardly gained weight and looked as well as felt cute. This time around I started at a size 22 and I am just in second trimester, tried on my old maternity 2X clothes and they are TIGHT. I literally had to rush to buy 3x and the new maternity pants that are pantyhose type material on the belly are NOT holding my belly up. In fact they make the pants roll down. I miss the old cotton belly band on the maternity pants.

I've been searching second hand shops for the old maternity pants.

Another thing I'm sick of is having to go to the far back or be separated upstairs from the women OR buy online. For heavens sake, we pay MORE for our clothes we should be treated with respect and sensitivity. If I pay more for my plus size clothes I want to see style not crap!!

I haven't taken a bump pic this time because I dont see a bump yet, but like many of you I have that saggy pulp at the lower abdomen. After the baby, I'm going to try to work the heck out of my body to get rid of this added weight once the baby comes. Between the infertility meds and the exess insulin that turns into fat if it's not used, I just keep getting bigger and bigger and it's making me ticked off. As are the Dr.'s that seem to think all I do is eat all day when I have natural healthy foods in my home.:wacko:

Thanks again for this thread. It's nice not to feel alone. :thumbup:

ErinRae, I haven't read the rest of the posts yet but saw your pictures first and wanted to say your bump looked lovely!

Hi ladies,
i thought this thread had got lost in space, so glad to see it up and running again. Beautiful bump Doll face, i will have put another on here soon. I hope all is well with u girls and its nice to see u again xx:flower:

Love this thread. With my first pregnancy two years ago, I lost weight and got pregnant. I hardly gained weight and looked as well as felt cute. This time around I started at a size 22 and I am just in second trimester, tried on my old maternity 2X clothes and they are TIGHT. I literally had to rush to buy 3x and the new maternity pants that are pantyhose type material on the belly are NOT holding my belly up. In fact they make the pants roll down. I miss the old cotton belly band on the maternity pants.

I've been searching second hand shops for the old maternity pants.

Another thing I'm sick of is having to go to the far back or be separated upstairs from the women OR buy online. For heavens sake, we pay MORE for our clothes we should be treated with respect and sensitivity. If I pay more for my plus size clothes I want to see style not crap!!

I haven't taken a bump pic this time because I dont see a bump yet, but like many of you I have that saggy pulp at the lower abdomen. After the baby, I'm going to try to work the heck out of my body to get rid of this added weight once the baby comes. Between the infertility meds and the exess insulin that turns into fat if it's not used, I just keep getting bigger and bigger and it's making me ticked off. As are the Dr.'s that seem to think all I do is eat all day when I have natural healthy foods in my home.:wacko:

Thanks again for this thread. It's nice not to feel alone. :thumbup:

Hey im from upstate NY and you can get them at Target. Ive just looked online but im sure they have them instore too!

I'm now 32 weeks as of today- and since I started off big AND am having twins, I have outgrown my 3x maternity clothes and am now reduced to one pair of leggings that barely stretch over and 2 mumu type dresses :/ Oh well, at least I'm not running around naked and scaring the neighbors yet! :haha:

I thought this thread had gotten lost in space as well!!! I have a couple pics somewhere... From 16 and 18 weeks, I am now 19 and will take a new pic. tmrw at 19+1 before my doctor appointment!!!! :) So excited to watch ya'll grow!!!!! !:)

:haha:Wish I could show my bump, but right now there isnt much baby in it..:haha: When did you gals start showing? Im so excited to actully feel a baby and not just a roll :happydance:

Love this post...i dont have a bump but when i do i will post pics!!!!! <3

prd=prints.jpg

These pictures were taken a day apart- before and after my 2nd one turned and dropped :)

lol- they're not supposed to be maternity- the pink one is a jammie top I bought at Mervyns YEARS ago, and the blue one is a walmart special for plus size- these pictures were taken this past Saturday and sunday- I just tried putting on the blue dress today and it's too tight :cry: I'm growing visibly every day now!

lol- they're not supposed to be maternity- the pink one is a jammie top I bought at Mervyns YEARS ago, and the blue one is a walmart special for plus size- these pictures were taken this past Saturday and sunday- I just tried putting on the blue dress today and it's too tight :cry: I'm growing visibly every day now!

Awww!! I havent been shopping for maternity clothes because I still look the same and can still fit my regular clothes...I want some cute summer dresses though Hope I can find some!!!

I am loving this thread, I am a US sz 20, and just now am noticing a little more roundness and firmness up top (still all pudgy at the bottom lol). This is me today starting week 17!
https://i52.tinypic.com/n3qmvl.jpg
I'm glad to have a thread to post my pic on, I didn't on a lot of the other threads because most of the other bump/weight threads were tiny sz 4 women (nothing wrong with it, but I can't relate to it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->