Skin care - do you cleanse/tone?

daneuse27

Reaction score
Now that I'm 28 I think its time to start thinking about looking after my skin. lol.

I got a facial the other day, and was told by the woman that I should wash my face and tone twice daily - morning and night.

That seems really high maintenance to me (I don't think she has a child :wacko: ) Is there any one out there that actually does this? And do you know if it is truly beneficial?

I swear by the Soap and Gloary Product range. I use their scrub and cleanser most nights, followed by their moisturizer. I also then moisturize again in the morning, after a quick splash of cold water on my face and patted dry.

I dunno if that's what I should be doing, but my skin has been wonderful since I started using s&g products. So much so, most days I go make up free as my skin looks radiant.

I wash my face either in the shower at night, or at the sink at night if I'm showering the next morning, and use a night time moisturizer that is supposed to help with fine lines/wrinkles. Not that I have a ton, lol, but I have noticed some on my forehead/eye region that I'm hoping it'll help with. I do think my skin is looking better since I started doing this with the moisturizer. I used to be really lax about moisturizing, only doing it a few times a week.

I don't know about twice a day with both though, does seem high maintenance to me, lol. But I'm sure it probably would make a huge difference in having glowy, nice skin if you have the time for it.

I do. I recently started as I've noticed I've started looking a bit older (I never get my ID checked anymore). I've started using the simple range as I had a gift set I'd been given. I cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. It takes about 3 minuets each time, so no time at all.

Yes I do the whole routine now because my skin has always been terrible. Does seem mildly improved.

I'm 40 and had a good skin care regimin since I was very young- even used my Mom's Oil of Olay in high school! :haha:

But yes- skin care is important. least I think so. Especially at my age- and well before as maintenance and prevention. Especially the eyes/neck/hands... as those seem to show signs of aging first!

Here is what I do- obviously you don't need to do as extensive, but at my age I'm not taking any risks! haha.

Morning: cleanse skin with toner (gentle one), put on eye cream, neck cream, face syrum and then lotion with SPF. I also use a tinted face lotion with SPF.

Night: wash face, use toner, put on night eye cream, neck cream, face cream and then face oil. Or Vitamin E which is great.

I also put on lotion after EVERY Shower- and lotion my hands after they are washed as well as rub any access lotion into them after applying my creams :)

But tbh- my bestie only washes her face and uses Vit E oil and that's worked great for her for years! I have excema though so I do have to be careful what I use and make sure it's very moisterizing!

btw- I do think part of our young look can be genetics, but I get mistaken for much younger all the time. Not that at 40 I should look ragidy?! But regardless- it's nice for people to think I'm still in my late 20's early 30's... :haha: Maybe they've no concept of age though?!

I cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. I do have patches of adult acne, but the bits of my face where I don't have the acne are lovely and I don't get blackheads or whiteheads anywhere.

I do. I like to look after my skin, my skin might not suffer now from me not cleansing, toning properly, wearing spf etc but it could do as I get older which is why I'm quite strict with myself about it.

I have to confess, I'm 30 and had no idea what the actual purpose of toner was. I had to google it. LOL! I've seen it with the cleansers before, obviously, but never bought it because I had no idea what I was supposed to use it for. Hmmm...maybe I should get some to add to the routine?

I wash my face at night (usually), with the kids soap or a facial soap. I throw some water on in the morning. My skin is dry in places and couldn't handle twice a day washing with soap. I always moisturize in the day with an SPF sunscreen. In winter I moisturize at night but I don't do it too often in summer. I've never used toner, can anyone recommend a toner for dry/combo skin?

I cleanse and moisturise every morning and night :)

I use no7 night cream at night and use vit E oil in the morning

I'm terrified of aging tbh, I'm only 23 but early prevention :) x

I've cleansed, toned and moisturised every morning and evening since I was about 17 (I'm 33 now).

My day cream varies on the time of year- In summer I use one with an SPF in it, and in the winter months I use a richer one. I always use an eye gel or cream twice a day, and in the evenings I also layer up my products and put a product underneath my moisturiser- either a facial oil or a gel. I also exfoliate once to twice a week and use a face mask when I get the time (maybe once a fortnight).

I do find that keeping to this routine helps my skin, I've never really suffered from spots (except when pregnant) but I do get occasional dryness, especially on my cheeks if I don't moisturise well. I actually like doing my skincare regime... it's been part of my evening routine for years now.

:) xx

I use a baby wipe every eve LOL

I did this too up until 2 weeks ago. Its a quick, cheap, easy way of removing the days build up of dirt/make up. But... If you are looking for a facial regime good for your skin, this is not the way to go.

I went for a facial 2 weeks ago (my 1st ever one as it was my mums 50th birthday!) The beautician asked me if i had any "problem areas" & i said i was concerned about premature wrinkles appearing around my eyes (im 24). She was horrified when i told her i use baby/face wipes. Apparently they contain alcohol which dries out the skin (especially around the delicate eye area). Dehydrated skin is apparently the biggest cause of wrinkles. I now cleanse & tone morning & night. She also advised to use a seperate cream around the eye area, as general face creams not specially designed for the eyes, can still be too harsh. She said its a good idea to exfoliate once a week, & do a mini facial fortnightly (which involved steaming & using a mask). I took everything she said on board, as when she asked my age, she exclaimed "oh my god, im the same age as you!" Didnt do much for my self confidence :(

She recommended the Simple range, & Garnier anti wrinkle products. It doesnt need to be expensive :)

This was her advice & ive gone along with it. Stalking to see what others say!

I never used baby wipes anyway, but that's very good to know Becky!

I think I'm going to look for a good cleanser/toner after reading all this and hearing everything I've heard. If anyone can recommend any products I'm all ears :)

I do, I'm 30 and I had started to notice some fine lines, and just general loss of tone and radiance. I use no7 beautiful skin cleanser and no7 toner, followed by day/night cream. I don't use the night cream when it's hot though as it's too heavy. I also use angel eye treatment at night and a no7 dark circle corrector cream in the morning. At night I also use no7 radiance balm which goes on after toner but before moisturiser. I use their radiance scrub a couple of times a week, and some of their masks depending on how my skin is behaving. I've seen a real difference, and will continue to use it all x

I dont think it is good. it will dry the skin. I dont do anything to my face.

Ty hun. I use water wipes so dont think alcohol in? But il double check!! I usually wipe with wipe then just spalsh with water. Never had spots or blemishes so it was always ok but I need to worry about wrinkles now im 27 waah

wrinkles add character, tell of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"