Skin care - do you cleanse/tone?

I am using Liz Earle atm as was bought it for Xmas but i've ran out of the moistruiser and the face cream is low. Its quite pricey and can't afford to buy more. So i picked up a day cream from Aldi at the weekend. i've used simple before and didn't like it but will try no 7 and have a look at soap and glory.

I never knew that about baby wipes I use them every night along with no7 protect perfect creams my skin looks good as everyone says I look early 20 rather than 30 but will stop using the baby wipes now.

Yes I do, I use Liz Earle at the moment but i'm almost out so will probably use Soap & Glory. I really want to try Emma Hardie skin care range but don't know if I can justify the price :lol:.

^ I looked at the Emma Hardie stuff on Space NK and fount an Eve Lom cleanser that has amazing reviews. Might save up some pennies and treat myself!

Honestly thinks most of it comes from what you eat and drink and healthy life, suncream etc

Honestly thinks most of it comes from what you eat and drink and healthy life, suncream etc

I agree with this, I think the sun plays a massive part. Plus genetics.

I used to cleanse, tone and moisturise every day without fail. Even when drunk!! I also used to exfoliate once or twice a week and use natural, kind products from Lush. I used to spend loads and loads of money on all my products.

Then I moved in with my DH and had NO money and had to massively scale back. Now I just wash my face twice a day and use moisturiser if my skin feels dry. I might exfoliate or do a mask every now and again but that is rare.

I have noticed absolutely NO difference in my skin!

I agree. I was always so sceptical of the whole healthy eating/water/exercise thing but I started drinking five pints of water a day last week and my skin is so much better and my eye bags are improved. Also, in the run up to my wedding I was working out for 2 hours a day and my skin was perfect, and considering my diet was diet pills, Diet coke, and low-cal Supernoodles, it must have been the exercise that did it!

I cleanse, tone, use a serum and moisturise twice daily.

Skin is the body's biggest organ, it needs to be looked after!

In the morning I have a shower and wash my face with the soap and glory face wash. I then moisturise with Nivia soft cream (in the white tub) I love the texture of it. At night I cleanse (at the mo) with body shop seaweed furifying cleanser, tone with body shop tea tree skin clearing toner, remove eye make up with Nivia extra gentle eye make up remover, moisturise with either my nivia or I have some clarins and manuka doctor creams and serums so I tend to mix it up. I have a body shop vitamin e eye cream. I also have the body shop vitamin e face spritz which it supposed to be good for holding make up and also cooling the face when it's hot.

I started a while back but it never made any difference so I gave up.
I wash my face morning/night with Lush porridge soap and moisturise with Elemis moisturiser of a morning and raw coconut oil at night. That seems to do me.

Definitely echo the PP's comment on eating well/drinking lots of water. Makes a huge difference, not just to skin but hair and nails aswell I find.

Nah I can't be arsed.....I bought No7 Cleanser & Toner about 4 years ago and the bottle is still pretty much full!

I'm another one that uses Baby Wipes!

I'll moisturise when I remember.

I started using a toner last week after reading this thread, just wanted to update that my skin already looks better! Wow! Seems brighter, and I actually have some stress acne that had broken out from the stress of getting my kids bday party planned/executed, and it helped clear it up already:) Okay, I'm now a believer in using a toner after face wash. Who knew it would help that much?

I started using a toner last week after reading this thread, just wanted to update that my skin already looks better! Wow! Seems brighter, and I actually have some stress acne that had broken out from the stress of getting my kids bday party planned/executed, and it helped clear it up already:) Okay, I'm now a believer in using a toner after face wash. Who knew it would help that much?

Thats great! What toner are you using?

Proactiv. I had the toner already from using their treatment before, just never used it until now as I really just didn't have a clue what it was for.

I do a Korean routine which involves quite a few more products. This summaries it pretty well, although I don't do it as hardcore as this admittedly (and my products are waay cheaper): https://fashionista.com/2014/05/12-step-korean-skin-care-regimen

On a daily basis, I use a cleansing oil (only at night), a foaming face wash with a face brush, toner/essence two in one, serum (my one is specifically for spots), moisturiser (looking to switch to a more lotiony emulsion soon though), a heavier cream for under my eyes, sun cream, primer with SPF, and a BB cream with SPF. I also have a clay mask mix, blackhead oil gel, Soap and Glory exfoliater (looking to switch to a chemical BHA exfoliater soon though) and a few sleeping pack samples that I use every few days interchangeably. I have some tea-tree oil that finds use every now and again too.

I do a Korean routine which involves quite a few more products. This summaries it pretty well, although I don't do it as hardcore as this admittedly (and my products are waay cheaper): https://fashionista.com/2014/05/12-step-korean-skin-care-regimen

On a daily basis, I use a cleansing oil (only at night), a foaming face wash with a face brush, toner/essence two in one, serum (my one is specifically for spots), moisturiser (looking to switch to a more lotiony emulsion soon though), a heavier cream for under my eyes, sun cream, primer with SPF, and a BB cream with SPF. I also have a clay mask mix, blackhead oil gel, Soap and Glory exfoliater (looking to switch to a chemical BHA exfoliater soon though) and a few sleeping pack samples that I use every few days interchangeably. I have some tea-tree oil that finds use every now and again too.

Sounds like a very good routine!

The only thing I had to laugh at in that article was when they said Koreans are appalled at how Americans treat their skin, because in Korea its all about being gentle. I can tell you with certainty that Koreans are not gentle when it comes to their skin, lol. They are very big believers in hardcore exfoliation; the removal of dead skin. They use those rough gloves to exfoliate their entire body and watch all the dead skin come off everywhere, and do the same to their faces. This usually takes place in public bath houses - everyone goes naked, and you can help your friend/family member with the parts of their body they can't reach while they do the same for you. You can also pay someone to do your entire body, including face. Afterwards your skin is left feeling extremely soft! Its believed in Korea that this keeps a person looking fresh and young. After living there, I always think about the dead skin on my body now and try to scrub it off when in a sauna or a hot shower :blush: Not sure how normal that is in the West, but I didn't develop the obsession until after being in Korea. I believe it probably helps a lot, as they all have smooth, young looking skin. The practice is also common in China and Japan, I believe.

The only thing I had to laugh at in that article was when they said Koreans are appalled at how Americans treat their skin, because in Korea its all about being gentle. I can tell you with certainty that Koreans are not gentle when it comes to their skin, lol. They are very big believers in hardcore exfoliation; the removal of dead skin. They use those rough gloves to exfoliate their entire body and watch all the dead skin come off everywhere, and do the same to their faces. This usually takes place in public bath houses - everyone goes naked, and you can help your friend/family member with the parts of their body they can't reach while they do the same for you. You can also pay someone to do your entire body, including face. Afterwards your skin is left feeling extremely soft! Its believed in Korea that this keeps a person looking fresh and young. After living there, I always think about the dead skin on my body now and try to scrub it off when in a sauna or a hot shower :blush: Not sure how normal that is in the West, but I didn't develop the obsession until after being in Korea. I believe it probably helps a lot, as they all have smooth, young looking skin. The practice is also common in China and Japan, I believe.

Yeah I've noticed there are a lot of 'peeling gels' on the market, sort of want to try one out because I'm sick of face scrubs but they concept freaks me out a little hahah. The products I have are rather gentle, but I've seen a few baking soda and lemon based products which is meant to be so harsh on the skin! And omg, those bath houses sound absolutely crazy hahaha. I love having loads of pretty Korean products on my counter though, really keeps me motivated to keep up with the routine :cloud9:

Yeah I've noticed there are a lot of 'peeling gels' on the market, sort of want to try one out because I'm sick of face scrubs but they concept freaks me out a little hahah. The products I have are rather gentle, but I've seen a few baking soda and lemon based products which is meant to be so harsh on the skin! And omg, those bath houses sound absolutely crazy hahaha. I love having loads of pretty Korean products on my counter though, really keeps me motivated to keep up with the routine :cloud9:

The bath houses seemed strange to me too at first, but then after going once I wanted to go every week. It was always so relaxing, and you'd leave feeling cleansed and refreshed. Once you get over the naked part they're really nice :) I remember them always doing a cucumber mask right after the facial scrub, it was always made of real chopped up cucumbers.

Where did you get you Korean products from, that link?

The bath houses seemed strange to me too at first, but then after going once I wanted to go every week. It was always so relaxing, and you'd leave feeling cleansed and refreshed. Once you get over the naked part they're really nice :) I remember them always doing a cucumber mask right after the facial scrub, it was always made of real chopped up cucumbers.

Where did you get you Korean products from, that link?
Oo that actually sounds quite lovely haha. Nah I get mine off a specific seller on ebay, and tend to follow recommendations off blogs. I use a mix of Etude House, SkinFood, Secret Key, Tony Moly, Innisfree and Lioele at the moment - nothing too posh really haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->