• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

skin darkening face neck

sweety_p

Reaction score
Hey baeutiful ladies,

Hope some one can help me with this and give my reassurance that every thing is fine and I shall get back my previous self back

I had a emergency c section on 7th May and I still have a lot of jelly belly and my stomach is so dark with and has lot of stretch marks all over. How long would it take for the darkness to fade ? I am not sure whether it would go eventually:(

Also my face and neck has darkened quite a lot during my second trimester and hasn't recovered yet. Most of my friends who had similar problems swear that they go away in first few weeks post partum.. mine its almost three months. Should I do anything about it? Should I talk to my GP? Is there any over counter medicine any of you aware of? thanks

I do know that stretch marks take time to fade- but yes, they do fade. They never go away completely- but, there are creams that can help make them less noticeable. One called Bio-oil. I actually use it on my face (I have eczema so I need loads of creams/oils to keep it in check). But there are other creams out on the market- no great advise about them, but maybe look on Amazon for reviews?

As for the darkening on your face- I don't really know. Again, there are creams to help with dark/age spots- I've used some and got decent results. But still, the spots were still there- so I eventually got a Lazer facial and it made a big difference. But mostly that was for the small broken blood vessels on my skin-- it did help with the dark spots though too. Maybe talk to a dermatologist instead of your GP?

It can take a while for our bodies to get back to "normal" after a pregnancy for sure-- Up to a year for most things. You can certainly get your previous self back hun- maybe even better ;) Obviously you only have so much control over certain things- but just be proactive where you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->